Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Burned microwave smell how do you get ridd of the food smell

Burnt the food in microwave

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 178 Answers

The best suggestion I have is to boil water for a half an hour. Be sure not to let the bowl of water run empty. Also, be sure to wipe the condensation out of the oven cavity after this procedure. Generally, though, continued regular use of the oven is what works best for this situation. It just takes time to get the burn smell out.... Good luck!

Posted on Nov 20, 2013

Ad

4 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

SOURCE: Microwave makes loud noise and does not heat. Smell of light burning

replace it

Posted on Aug 07, 2008

cactus bob
  • 267 Answers

SOURCE: capacitor burned out? horrible burnt smell.

YOUR GOING TO NEED A NEW MICROWAVE . the cap may be bad but the real bad smell you have is most likely the HV tranformer , if the magntron shorts to ground there will be a small smell if you dont pick up on that and your microwave is set to run another few mins the transformer will overheat and burn , then the fuse blows and the controls shut down . the end result , you have more parts bad than you have good . if you google " GE SPACEMAKER MICROWAVE FIRE ' you will see your not the only one , its getting to be COMMON . good luck

Posted on Mar 08, 2009

  • 55 Answers

SOURCE: burning smell microwave

The burning smell is most likely the rectifier burning. Look for a rectanguler black thing connecting from one lead of the capacitor to ground.

Posted on Sep 09, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Whirlpool over microwave combo has burning smell in microwave


Probably fragments of food burning on the waveguide cover.

Jul 31, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Loud boom and burning smell in microwave


Is there any holes burnt into the liner inside the micro wave.? Or burn spots showing.? If there is thow it out. It is not safe to be useing it.It could start on fire. That problem is from when they are not clean out once in a while. End food is burn,t onto the interior liner end grease end oil,

Oct 22, 2012 | Sharp KB6001NS 24 Inch Microwave Drawer...

1 Answer

Burnt food in my microwave and now it's dead.


The magnetron has more than likely failed, "heart of the system" the fact it burned the cookies in 15 seconds is a concern, suggesting magnetron was burning out.

Apr 17, 2012 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

MMV5100AAW Microwave hums and smells burnt , will not heat food , everything else works fine


If you have that funny burning smell in the microwave oven This is sure sign the magnetron has failed, and must be replaced.

Mar 21, 2012 | Maytag MMV5165 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Is there anything we can do to remove the smell of burned food from the microwave? The smell has permeated the inside of the unit and emits the burned food smell whenever it is used.


I've adviced you to placed charcoal inside the unit overnight or when it is not in used.
Charcoal will absorb the upleasant odor from your microwave oven.

Thanks for using fixya...

Jan 09, 2011 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Hello, my microwave is not heating the food up and gives off a slight smell when attempting to heat the food. thanks


The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be bad or the circuitry to the magnetron may have burned out. Basically my advice is that if you have no electrical expertise, it isn't worth fixing. The magnetron if bad, costs almost as much as a new microwave. If you open it up (make sure it has been unplugged for a few hours and don't seen any obvious burnt parts, then most likely the magnetron is done and a new microwave is the way to go.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Benjamin

Jul 19, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Gold Star 1515W microwave not heating up and when


The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be bad or the circuitry to the magnetron may have burned out. Basically my advice is that if you have no electrical expertise, it isn't worth fixing. The magnetron if bad, costs almost as much as a new microwave. If you open it up (make sure it has been unplugged for a few hours and don't seen any obvious burnt parts, then most likely the magnetron is done and a new microwave is the way to go.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Benjamin

Jul 17, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1515 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When I start the microwave, it has a funny smell


Sounds like you burned out the magnetron, if so you should discontinue use immediately. This is the bit that emits the microwaves and they will fail with a burnt faintly oily smell to an acrid chemical smell. Magneton replacement should not be attempted by the amateur fix-it man, Find a reputable appliance repair shop or chuck it in!

May 12, 2010 | GE JEM31 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Capacitor burned out? horrible burnt smell.


YOUR GOING TO NEED A NEW MICROWAVE . the cap may be bad but the real bad smell you have is most likely the HV tranformer , if the magntron shorts to ground there will be a small smell if you dont pick up on that and your microwave is set to run another few mins the transformer will overheat and burn , then the fuse blows and the controls shut down . the end result , you have more parts bad than you have good . if you google " GE SPACEMAKER MICROWAVE FIRE ' you will see your not the only one , its getting to be COMMON . good luck

Mar 08, 2009 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burn at bottom of microwave


First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Apr 03, 2008 | Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

51 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...