- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yr battery is probably Shot. With these type of batteries they can fall over if they go below 25% charge for a length of time. The charger is not charging even though it says it is. If the phone is not to old then get a new battery and try again. cheers
Typically the charge light will stay on as long as the phone is on the charger. After 16hrs, the battery should be fully charged. Leaving it on the charger constantly can actually overcharge the battery, shorening it's life. The best thing to do is use it until it tells you the battery is getting low, then charge it uninterrupted for about 8-12 hrs. Of course, that's ideal and can't always be done, but the more you can do that, the better.
Hope that helps, and please rate my answer, good OR bad.
No, the battery packs can not be ruined by leaving them in the charger. It is wise to keep both handsets charged up all the time. It won't hurt to leave them off the charger for extended periods..even several days. Of course, the amount of power left in any battery depends on at least two things: the amount of time since the last charge (yes, they do lose power just sitting) and the amount of use since the last charge. In this case, we are dealing with nickle metal hydride batteries and they do not develop a memory like nickle cadmium batteries do. Charge 'em up and just place them back there periodically or always. Not to worry.
I looked up the battery specs for your phone. They are 3 X 200mah= 600mah battery packs. They should last 8 hrs talk time with the headsets. This style of battery pack in my experience only last about 1 1/2years and sometimes longer and "sometimes" shorter...much shorter. I bet you never had problems when you first got them. Basicly this "battery design arrangment" goes back many years before newer battery technlogy was developed. But designers still insist on using them even today. They are cheap to make.
****Time to replace them with new ones.****
Make sure you follow the mfgs charging instructions:
"After battery installation, place the handsets in their base unit or charger and allow to charge for 16 hours before use. You can keep the battery charged by returning the handsets to their base unit or charger after each use. When the battery is fully depleted, a
recharge takes about 12 hours. Average talk time on a fully charged battery is about eight
hours depending on environmental conditions, standby time is approximately four days."
You are pretty close to the solution. The problem is the charge detection in the handset. All handsets on a cordless phone detect the battery level with an hexadecimal value in the memory. Each hex value equal a volt value of the battery. EX: 3.5v = 9B 3.6v = 9C 3.7v =9D etc... The problem is the hex value in your defective handset are all mess up. So 9B is not 3.5v anymore. Then your handset could last 1hr after foul charge or doesn't alert you before the phone goes dead due to low BAtt.