Question about Whirlpool Dishwashers
My dishwasher doesn't rinse off detergent. Whirlpool wdf310pcaso
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to use something to siphon the detergent out of the dispenser. I have plastic syringes for this type of purpose. You don't use the needle attachment.
If you cannot fit the syringe into the opening, then you may try to use clear plastic tubing to syphon out the detergent.
Once the flow of detergent stops, you should then use warm water to rinse the residue. If you have the syringe, you could use it to force water into the dispenser.
This may take a little time, but it is better than trying to disassemble stuff!
Posted on Jan 10, 2008
not good there is no way to drain it out. you might be able to take the door apart and take off the rinse aid reservoir and clean it out
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
Fist what detergent are you useing is it dishwasher detergent and second the dishes wet and stemy how long do you wait after the machine has completed the cycle before opening it
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
I did the same thing with my Maytag dishwasher, several times actually, before realizing I was putting blue dish soap in the rinse aid compartment which then wouldn't empty. Then my Maytag started making ominous noises during the rinse cycle (appliance guy said it was "cavitation" noise).
Appliance guy wanted to replace the whole detergent/rinse aid compartment but since he told me the noise was probably caused by the dish soap stuck in the rinse aid compartment, I decided to try to get rid of it first. Here is the method that worked for me; it took most of a day but saved me parts & labor:
1. Get some white vinegar--I used nearly a quart.
2. Fill the rinse aid compartment to brim with the vinegar (overfill) but don't put cap on
3. Raise the dishwasher door slowly until the vinegar drains into the lower part of the chamber (at least this is how my Maytag worked)
4. Agitate the contents as best you can by rapidly shaking the dishwasher door up & down.
5. I also used a small plastic medicine dropper jammed into small openings on each side of the rinse aid compartment to agitate the vinegar by squeezing air into them.
6. Drain the compartment by closing the dishwasher door (move it to full vertical)--vinegar will drain into the bottom of the dishwasher.
7. Repeat above steps a couple times, then fill again w/vinegar, put the cap on and let it stand for awhile. Then drain and repeat the whole routine several times.
8. Blue-colored vinegar will come out which is a good sign (or whatever color your dish soap was).
9. After awhile, I started pouring generous amts of very hot tap water thru the rinse aid compartment, alternating with white vinegar. (No reason you can't use hot vinegar also.)
10. Eventually, all the blue stuff came out & the see-thru levels of the rinse aid compartment were completely clear/empty.
11. Run the dishwasher (I decided to not put any rinse aid in). I got some overfoaming (from the washed out soap) the first time I ran it which I probably could have remedied by adding more vinegar & possibly salt, but the noises were gone!
I just ran the cleaned out dishwasher a 2nd time & it was back to its quiet self with no overfoaming.
Takes some patience but hey, beats a big repair bill!!
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2013 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Oct 11, 2011 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Sep 08, 2011 | Dishwashers
Sep 07, 2011 | Samsung 24 in. DB5710DT Stainless Steel...
Jun 16, 2011 | Whirlpool DU851SWPS Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 03, 2010 | Miele Dishwashers
Aug 22, 2010 | Frigidaire 18 in. FDR252RB Built-in...
Jun 10, 2010 | Whirlpool Gold 24 in. Built-In Dishwasher...
May 07, 2010 | Whirlpool 24 in. DU1148XTP Built-in...
Nov 04, 2009 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!