Question about Finance

1 Answer

Question on centrelink payments

I will be retiring next year and hope to get a part pension. If i get a flatmate who contributes to the bodycorp and power, will this be classed as income and affect any pension which I may receive?

Posted by on

  • 5 more comments 
  • Anonymous Mar 15, 2014

    Just want to follow up my Claim about Carers Payment, I leave my application form with one of your staff at Fountain gate Centrelink Office last February 27, 2014.

  • Anonymous Mar 17, 2014

    Iam getting conflicting advice. As an aged pensioner do I need to let Centrelink know that I will be leaving the country for 18 days.

  • Anonymous Mar 18, 2014

    Cannot find page to logon to Centrelink services

  • Anonymous Mar 18, 2014

    how to apply for a carers pension

  • Anonymous Mar 21, 2014

    where do I go to apply for loan from centrelink.I have pension card.

  • Anonymous Mar 22, 2014

    I had attempted to submit an application, I went into Centrelink to complete and give documents, they advised application had been cancelled by mistake, to apply again, and gave me a new CRN. However when trying to do this the system says I already exist and cannot create another registration...

  • Anonymous Mar 22, 2014

    have a mother in aged care at the moment we are waiting for her house to sell so we can put up the bond they ask for, after this place sells we will have a short fall of about $500 per month ... dad had a super and mum also gets a small veteran affairs pension even after these pensions we are still short by $500 .. I feel mum needs a health care card also as she didnt get the gold card as they said dad did not die due to war injuries. His provide well all his life and paid his taxes now we need some help for mum can you tell me what the criteria is for someone in this position.


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Master
  • 966 Answers

If the flatmate is contributing to the upkeep and expenses that is not an income that benefits you thru surplus. In my opinion it is not an income and therefore should not affect your pension.

Posted on Nov 19, 2013

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


try the calculator

Centrelink - Rate Estimators
Family Assistance - Youth Allowance Comparison Estimator ... your possible Centrelink, Family Assistance, Child Support, or Child Care payment rate(s).

Online estimators - Australian Government Department of Human ... Feb 10, 2017 - Rate estimator. Use the rate estimator to calculate: Centrelink payments, including pensions and allowances; Family assistance, including ... CENTRELINK BENEFITS Google Search

May 22, 2017 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

My husband gets the pension i have retired and the company has given me a lump sum amout of long service leave does he have to log that in on his pension or will it affect the amount he will recive

if you are receiving the pension as a couple ---yes as it goes to combined assets
get professiona advice as to how to avoid loosing part pension

May 15, 2017 | HIS Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Is Centrelink entitled to butcher my daughters pension she received today because she received a long service leave payout when she voluntary left her job in November when I came home from hospital?

First call is to Centrelink to explain your situation. Your daughter may be eligible for the carers pension or an added allowance. I don't know your personnel circumstances (housing, assets etc) or your daughters wage but she may get money back at tax time if she has left work now. Secondly if you still are having difficulties then make an appointment to visit your local councilman / alderman and ask for intervention. You may get lucky. All information given is only my opinion and should not be taken as professional advice. Cheers Bob

Dec 15, 2016 | The Computers & Internet

1 Answer

How do I obtain a Centrelink Taxation Document for My wife, Alice, and myself, Percy Harrison so I can complete my tax form?

I assume because of the spelling you are in Aust. The Govt is trying to stop using mail and direct you to the internet generally.

If it is the Centrelink Payment Summary you mean, you can get one by these methods

Oct 05, 2016 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

When can I get my next $500.00 from Centrelink?

It sounds like you mean a Centrelink advance. You can only apply for one every 12 months. Check the date your last one was approved and add a year - that's the next date you can apply for a new advance. This date can be checked and advances applied for using the Centrelink online service.
Also, there are other loans and payments available depending on your needs. For example, if you need equipment to start a new job (like tools, safety gear, etc) Centrelink may be able to advance that money in addition to a normal advance.

Nov 11, 2014 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Can I view my centrelink account to see credits and debits please.

Go to MyGov and set up your centrelink account there. It is the latest idea from our government. (use your customer number and add a password) Write down your password and put it where you can get it easily if you forget. (Under a magnet on the fridge, or on a filing cabinet).
Go to Humanresources and click on Centrelink. Log in and check your payments for 2014 - 2015. They should be there. Also, you should be receiving Centrelink online letters to let you know of any changes. You can also check by logging into your bank account. Set up a username and password with your bank online.

Oct 16, 2014 | Computers & Internet

4 Answers

Is tony stewart retiring?

I hope he does. I use to kinda like him but got tired of his rude obnoxious attitude.
Now he mu#der someone and got away with it. The power of the $$$ from all his sponsors and followers was the reason he walked away, funny how that works.

Aug 15, 2014 | Motorsports

Not finding what you are looking for?
Finance Logo

Related Topics:

1,290 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Finance Experts


Level 3 Expert

1860 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12104 Answers

Tracy E

Level 1 Expert

10 Answers

Are you a Finance Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides