Question about Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding Electric Range - White-on-White
Door falls down
It is most likely that one of the hinge pulley cables is broken. You will have to order them by model number. They are made of cord and break after many openings. It is usual that you will have to pull the dishwasher partially out of the cabinet to replace them. I suggest replacing both sides at the same time, otherwise you will be replacing the other side soon.
Posted on Nov 26, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2016 | KitchenAid Ovens
Feb 04, 2014 | Ovens
Mar 27, 2017 | Ovens
Jan 01, 2012 | Ovens
Jan 14, 2011 | Ovens
1) Turn off power to the unit
2) Open the lower oven door
3) Remove the side trim screws and pull the trims down and out.
4) Remove 2 screws on the sides of the control panel.
5) Open the Microwave door. Remove the 3 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the microwave. You can then remove the Air Vent Cover by pushing the control panel up and pull out slightly at the bottom.
6) Remove the 4 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the lower oven and remove the Air Vent Cover. (You may have to remove the left under side bracket of the Microwave door temporarily just for the Air Vent Cover to clear the screw of the bracket. Re-secure the side bracket of the Microwave door panel as the front panel may fall)
7) Remove the 2 screws which held the Microwave unit in place behind the Air Vent Cover on step 6.
8) Wiggle the Microwave unit out about half way to expose the light bulb unit on top center
9) Wiring to the Control Panel will prevent you from pulling the Microwave unit out any further. And you don't want to do that as the unit may fall. Space is cramped, but working carefully with your fingers or pliers you should be able to release the springs which held down the light bulb unit and change the bulb.
Feb 14, 2010 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Jan 03, 2010 | KitchenAid 27 in. Built-in...
May 23, 2008 | KitchenAid KEMC308 Electric Double Oven
Jan 10, 2008 | KitchenAid Architect Series KEMC308KSS...
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: