Question about Computers & Internet
The first option is to restore to factory settings (as purchased when new. This option deletes your personal files, and just re-installs to factory. If using this, it is advisable to find any discs to programs installed since original factory state (as of time of purchase) It is advisable to use a program like Balearic Adviser to collect information, and sometimes your keys to any programs you instaled , and cannot find the software to reinstall.
The second option appears to be to wipe the hard drive so that your data is not available to others if you wanted to sell/scrap (recycle) your pc. The data is often saved on a seperate partition on your hard drieve
Posted on Nov 18, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The recovery partition is basically the same as the Toshiba restore CD if your model has one. The restore partition is located on a separate partition on the hard disk (if it has one).
If your model Toshiba laptop has a Restore partition on thehard drive then follow these steps to restore your Toshiba to the Out of theBox condition.
1. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power buttononce to switch on
2. When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
3. When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the systemrecovery.
4. Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
5. Select Recover to out-of-box state.6. Click Next again.
7. Click Next to Start recovery.
8. Restart the Toshiba laptop when there restoration process finishes running.Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to set up the laptop's date, timeand language settings.
Posted on Feb 25, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2010 | HP Compaq nx9600 Notebook
on Mar 10, 2010 | Cell Phones
Sep 25, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
Aug 24, 2010 | Compaq Evo N410C Notebook
Aug 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 06, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Apr 13, 2009 | Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook
Jun 11, 2017 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jun 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2008 | Compaq Presario X1000 Notebook
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!