Question about Refrigerators
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
These units are called frost free, however in my experience they are some of the time but not all. It is likely that the freezer has built up some ice around the coil and the fan which migrates to the fridge, try the following.
1. Empty the fridge and freezer and store the food elsewhere.
2. Switch off and unplug the unit and leave for 24 to 36 hours with the doors held slightly open. You may get quite a lot of water on the floor, you just need to mop it up, this is normal.
3. Wipe out the inside of both sides to leave them clean and dry.
4. Plug in and switch on, wait around 4 hours.The vent will be clear.
5. Re stock the unit it should be OK.
6. If the problem re-occurs within a few days then there is another possibility that is causing this problem and that is there may be a fault with the defrost system. Possibly the timer, the termination switch or the heater.
7. If the problem goes away for several months then the ongoing solution is to repeat the above steps.
Posted on May 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2012 | Maytag MTB2176HR Top Freezer Refrigerator
May 05, 2011 | Refrigerators
Mar 14, 2011 | Hotpoint HSS25GFT 25.0 Cu. Ft....
Check out these tips...they can help you figure out what is going wrong with your refrigerator and why it is not cooling
Refrigerator not Cooling or Fridge not Cooling
How to Defrost Refrigerator Defrost Timer Problem
Water Running in refrigerator from Freezer
Jan 17, 2011 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Sep 18, 2010 | GE Profile 23.1 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Jul 12, 2010 | Frigidaire FRS26KF6E Side by Side...
Feb 15, 2010 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Sep 14, 2009 | Admiral 26 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...
Aug 11, 2008 | Whirlpool Gold GB2SHDXPS Stainless Steel
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!