Press & hold the repeat button. It will tell you the day & time, then repeat the day. Let go of the button. It will repeat the day. Press play until you get the right day and move thru until you have the right time of day. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn on the system. Hold down SKIP/TIME SET/CHECK. The system sounds a tone after 1 second.
2. While holding down SKIP/TIME SET/CHECK, press REPEAT/ANNC/ DAY. The system announces "Monday" and &'?appears on the display. Repeatedly press REPEAT/ ANNC/DAY until you hear or see the correct day.
3. While holding down SKIP/TIME SET/CHECK, press MEMO/2 WAY/ HOUR. The system announces "1 AM". &' appears on the display. Repeatedly press MEMO/2 WAY/ HOUR until you hear or see the correct hour.
4. While holding down SKIP/TIME SET/CHECK, press PLAY/PAUSE/ MIN. The system announces "01". &' appears on the display. Repeatedly press or hold down PLAY/PAUSE/MIN until you hear or see the correct minute.
5. Release SKIP/TIME SET/CHECK. The system announces the day and time you set.
6. To hear the current day and time, press SKIP/TIME SET/CHECK while the system is on or off.
Press and release the MENU to access the menu. Full details are in the "Telephone Set Up" section beginning on page 10 of the manual you can download at http://www.home-electronics.net/ge/pc/IB/29897GE1_IB.pdf
To set the day and time press the "REPEAT" button and hold it in. It will say something like "Time not set." and if you keep holding it it will say, "Monday." Now release the "REPEAT" button and use the "ON/OFF" button to cycle through the days. When it says the correct day, press and releasethe "REPEAT" button. Then it will go on to set the clock and you're done.
To adjust the rings, there is a slide switch on the top where the cords plug in. You can switch it to 2, 4 or TS (Toll Saver). Toll Saver generally lets it ring for about 5 rings before answering.
Hi, here are the instructions for setting the time on a 43-3825, which is a very similar model. They should work for your machine too.
1. Press and hold TIME SET/CHECK/>> until you hear it beep twice.
2. Press ANNC/DAY/<< and the machine will say a day. Keep pressing that button until you hear the correct day.
3. Press REC and the machine will say the hour. Keep pressing it until you hear the right hour.
4. Press >= (the play/pause button) until you hear the right minute.
5. Once you've gotten the correct day and time, press TIME SET/CHECK/>> to save it.
While you're doing this, you can't let the machine sit idle for more than 5 seconds at a time, otherwise it will exit the time setup and you'll have to start over again. Good luck!
I went to the southwesten bell freedom phone site on the web.
Found answering machines. My old machine was not listed, so I found instructions for a later machine.
The method for setting time was similar. I tried it and it worked fine.
Your high prices prompted me to be less lazy.
For BellSouth model 1184 digital answering system:
To set day and time, hold down "time/code" button for a few seconds. Press "time/code" again to select what you want to change. To adjust the day, use the forward and backward arrow buttons to scroll through the days. When you find the correct day, press "time/code" again, and this will allow you to adjust the time. Again, use the arrow buttons to scroll through the hours, minutes, and am/pm, pressing the "time/code" button to set the correct selections and move onto the next setting option.
Press the >>/Time Set button for about 2 seconds. The system will announce "Monday" press the >>/Time Set again to choose the correct day. Press <</Time Check to change to hours. Select the correct hours by pressing the >>/Time Set, then press the <</Time check to change to minutes. I can't get the mail box 2 to operate either.
Found my manual! To set the time, press and hold the time/code button for 2 seconds. You will hear "TO SET CODE PRESS TIME AND CODE BUTTON." Release the time/code button. Press the 2 way/m button once. You will hear "SET DAY AND TIME, SUNDAY" Press the << or >> button until you hear the correct day. Press the time/code button once. You will hear "TWELVE" Press the << or >> button until you hear the correct hour. Press the time/code button once. You will hear "OH". Press the << or >> button until you hear the correct minutes. Press the time/code button once. You will hear "PM". Press the << or >> button if you need to change to AM. Press the time/code button once and you will hear the complete time and day setting.
To record an outgoing message, press and hold the ogm button. Release the ogm button and start to record after you hear "PLEASE RECORD AFTER THE TONE" followed by a beep tone. When finished, press the ogm button.
Make sure you put a battery in the answering machine so you don't lose these settings if the power goes out!
Hold the repeat button for about 2 seconds. The unit will say Time is not set then Monday 12:00 AM. 'press and hold the on/off button to advance the days. After the day is set,press the repeat button to set the hour. Press the repeat button to set the minutes. After the minutes are set,press the repeat button to set AM or PM. Hope this solves your problem.