- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds as though moisture is closing the shutter release contact or has damaged it. You can try wrapping the camera in a clean, paper bag without the lens and battery and open the battery and memory card door as well as the other covers. Then place the bag in a large bowl or box of clean, dry, uncooked white rice, completely covering it, for at least a week to draw moisture out of the camera. You can also use a commercially available moisture desiccant but they're more expensive and the rice works pretty well. If that doesn't help send the camera in for repair as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more damage can be done by trapped moisture.
This cannot be a power connection fault as in the first place it was IMPORTANT that the camera was remove and washed /cleaned of the moisture within the unit, specially the main circuit board. If there was moisture then it might have shorted the circuits because of electrical conduction. This would result in intercircuit shorting as sensitive circuits can be damaged.
Hence in the first place nothing can be done from the outside as it is necessary that the camera be opened to confirm the circuit board contacts.
You will need good tools - micro type - to remove the camera while you make a note of all the screws and the part taken while the boady is removed.
Now check the terminals of the battery to the circuit, clean , wash the circuit board ONLY with petrol to clean all moisture and dry using a hair dryer. Keep the circuit under the heater without damaging the delicate plastics-- just warm,
Now reassemble after checking the circuit with a magnification observation lamp.
If the camera does not switch on the control board is damaged and will need a replacement.
get consensus before you order , take estimate or seek help.
Please remove the battery and use an hair dryer to warm very carefully so as not to damage the camera. Keep it off for a long time so that every trace of moisture is lost.,However if the battery was put in before removing traces of moisture, there is every possibility that the camera electronics could be damaged. In such case you will need to remove and clean/dry the boards , use soldering iron on components to remove trapped moisture underneath, repeat the work to ensure there is no traces of water. Now set this back and try , If the same error comes abck, I am afraid the camera electronics section has encountered a defect which might need a replacement. Get help from the Sony serrvice centre, take estimate and decide. Hope this helps you . Good day
Try cleaning the battery contact terminals to remove any oxidation/moisture and assure firm contact, check whether the battery is not weared out, if the battery has changed its shape then it has been damaged
humidity can slowly change it, and same thing just more intence having the phone in the room when you shower even if it doesn't get wet. the tape is to sensative I have a hero that has been slowly changing color. and they tell me its been wet when it has not. the sticker isn't even all the way changed on mine but seems in two months it will be all the way changed. I think there should be a class action suit against them
Check the memory card or battery door for the tab that activates the cut out switch. It ,or the switch, may have sustained damage. I'm not 100% on this model but if it's like the S5700/ S5800 models then the memory card door has a tab for the cut out switch to prevent card removal whist powered up.
Try cleaning the battery terminals (with a dry soft cloth). Other than that it maybe component failure or moisture damage but this would depend on the enviroment to which it has been subjected to over a long period of time.
If moisture is in the lens, it is inside the camera. Best to remove the battery or batteries and let it dry out in a warm area for a few days. This may not remove the moisture like taking the camera case off. This may be a job you may not want to tackle. Corrosion will eventually cause problems within the camera. It may be that the moisture inside may already have damaged some parts or components or caused a short.
Taking a camera from a near freezing environment into a lovely warm house can cause condensation to form inside the camera. Mant cameras are designed to close themselves down if they sense any moisture so I suggest leaving the camera in a nice warm air flow. Not hot, just warm and leave the batteries and card out and the doors open to allow some warm air to circulate inside the camera.
It could take some time. Also make sure the battery contacts aren't corroded or dirty and make sure the memory card is clean too.
If that doesn't work I'd guess some damage had been caused by the moisture.......