Question about Televison & Video
When trying to login to smart TV such as NETFLIX, the remote will not switch from numerals to text characters. It has a button titled CHAR/NUM but it doesn't seem to work when it is pushed. When the button is pushed the buttons still display the numeral pressed rather than text characters. Is there something else you have to do to accomplish this?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Programming the remote
1. Hold on TV and POWER simultaneously (light comes on), let go
2. Press POWER then CH+ back and forth (light comes on), when TV turns off
3. press STOP, code is saved!
Posted on Dec 15, 2007
SOURCE: Remote does not open garage door
It sounds like the wall button has the lock feature engauged.
Is there a small green LED flashing inside the wall button?
Push and hold the lock button for about two seconds and the LED should stop flashing. This will unlock the garage door opener and your remotes should start working. You may have to reprogram your remotes and homelink again since you triedprograming in the lock mode.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
SOURCE: remote control
I had the same problem. The problem is strange and seems to be with the receiver in the TV and not the remote control. The reason I say this is that when this first happened my Samsung brand DVD could actually control the TV. This then also failed, but still works fine with the DVD player.
Anyway there is an even more bizarre fix to all this......
- Remove the batteries from your TV remote. - Press and hold the red (ON/OFF) button for at least 1 min. - Replace the batteries and hey presto!!
I know seems far fetched but I found it on the Samsung website and it does work.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
It does not prompt you to enter your code, simply hold the 2 buttons for a few seconds, then enter the code you have. If successful, it will read remotesetup OK. Hope this helps and if you have any codes for techics cd players, let me know!
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2016 | Westinghouse Televison & Video
- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9: Enter a character to the position pointed by the cursor.
- First press: enter the first character from a set of characters related to this button. Each subsequent press: you may change the entered character to the next one from this set.
- 0: enter the space.
- 1: enter a special character (punctuation marks, etc).
- Up, Down, Left, Right after pressing 1 (special character entering mode): select the required character.
- ENTER: confirm selection; finish text entering.
- SUBTITLE: enter the period (for numeric mode); functions like button 1 (character mode).
- CLEAR (<-): delete a character to the left of cursor.
- SELECT (cap'num): switch input mode:
- abc: character mode, small latin letters.
- ABC: character mode, capital latin letters.
- 123: numeric mode, digits.
- RETURN: cancel the text changes and finish text entering.
- Left/Right: move the cursor one character left/right.
- Up/Down: move the cursor to the start/end of a text line.
- If the cursor is already in start/end position: select another user interface element which is under/over the current text entry area (only for dialogs with several elements of user interface; text changes are confirmed automatically).
- POP UP MENU: show context menu with a list of available commands. They allow you to cut, copy and paste text using the clipboard, much like it is done on a PC.
Jun 26, 2016 | Televison & Video
Feb 03, 2016 | LG An-mr200 Magic Motion Remote For Smart...
Mar 01, 2015 | Netflix
Dec 14, 2014 | Netflix
Dec 11, 2014 | Roku 1
May 25, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2011 | LG 47LE5400 47 in. TV
Oct 05, 2010 | LG Televison & Video
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!