Question about Kohler Model 10433: Fort® Single-control Pullout Kitchen Sink Faucet Wi...

1 Answer

How to access O-rings? (Faucet won't pivot)

This question has already been asked, and a solution was provided a few years ago. The solution tells 'what to do', but not 'how to do it'. How do I access the O-rings? Hopefully, this can be done without disassembling the valve/flow control part of the faucet.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,113 Answers

You'll have to turn off the water using the shutoffs or if there are none by turning off the main. open a faucet on the lower floor of the home to remove most of the water out of the system if you have to shut the main. using an allen key remove the handle. then using an adjustable wrench or crescent wrench or as a last resort a set of channel locks remove the big nut at the top of the faucet and remove the stainless steel ball assembly. You'll have to undo the hose going to the faucet from under the counter and pull the spray attachment out. Then wiggle and pull up on the spout to slide it off. Clean any lime deposits with CLR or any other descaler. You can scrape some of it off with a knife if you must. When both the spout and the shaft where it is to slide onto are both clean remove the old o-rings, replace with the new ones. Slide the spout back on. You can grease the o-rings with plumbers grease to help seal them but also to help slide on the spout easier. You can replace the seals and springs inside where the stainless steel ball goes if you please. Reassemble everything. Turn on the water. Remove and clean the aerator of any debris (done every time you do plumbing) Test that the faucet moves from side to side without leaking. Different models may have different procedures and or different o-rings in different locations. Do what you must to change the o-ring that needs changing.

Posted on Nov 19, 2013


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 148 Answers

SOURCE: Kohler Forte Single Handle Faucet Leaks

you will have to replace the ball assembly with a repair kit
1 turn the water off under the sink (hot and cold)

remove the handle ( you may need an allen head wrench to remove a hex screw or you may have to take a channel lock pliar and unscrew achrome
nut over the ball mechanism

after the handle comes off there is usually some type of lock nut that you must remove to remove the ball mechanism

remove the ball (usually chrome or brass(ther are usually little springs and rubber washers under ball

take ball and washer to ACe or lowes and match the pieces (usually sold as a kit

follow directions and installl

turn water on and pat yo!ur self on the back !

Posted on Jan 05, 2009

  • 34 Answers

SOURCE: Unable to pull spout to replace O'Ring in Kohler Faucet F10416

They just pull out, sometimes things get stuck and I cant get them lose as a plumber and you just have to buy a new one...dont feel bad

Posted on Feb 05, 2009

  • 116 Answers

SOURCE: Srayer leaking down the hose from pivot joint near spray head

there is an oring in that connection that is most likey bad. turn water off and disconnect coupling to spayer. remove the black oring and match it up at your local hardware store. when installin it lubricate it with vaseline for ease of insatlltion and to help protect it during installation.

Posted on Apr 21, 2009

  • 11 Answers

SOURCE: faucet issue

Sounds like it was installed upside down or the cartridge is installed improperly

Posted on May 07, 2009

  • 8197 Answers

SOURCE: Kohler Fairfax single control kitchen sink faucet

Remove the air-irater at the end of the faucet where the water comes out. That is where 99% of clog are on faucets. If that does not do it then you need to replace the cartridge.

Good Luck and please rate 4 thumbs up for the free answer.

Posted on Mar 19, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i repair a leaking bathroom drain

This can be difficult if the drain is old or if Hercules overtightened the ring during installation. This sounds like you have a pop-up type drain and here's how you do it. You will need a 12" pair of channel type pliers, a 6" pair of pliers and a flat screwdriver. First put a pan under the trap, and remove the three nuts holding trap together. The trap is full of water so remove carefully. Now disconnect the pop-up rod on the faucet from the pivot rod on the drain by sliding the spring clip off. Unscrew the pivot rod nut and remove pivot rod that sticks out of drain. Now your plunger is disengaged and you can pull it out of the top of the drain. Next, using big pliers you loosen the hex nut under the sink. Uscrew nut all the way down until it reaches where the pivot nut screws on. Pry rubber gasket and friction washer out of the sink all the way down. Now push entire assembly upward. If the drain is not old, you don't have hard water, was properly installed, and the stars align properly, you can just unscrew the chrome ring by hand. You may have to use the big pliers to unscrew it, or, hopefully not, sawzalls are awful handy. Good luck.

Feb 17, 2015 | Plumbing

1 Answer

GE portable dishwasher connector hose slips off faucet adapter

Google your dishwasher you will see parts on line There are loads just looked .

Apr 13, 2017 | Dishwashers

2 Answers

Hansgrohe Solaris faucet will not return from spray to stream. The shuttle stays in the spray position

I would try cleaning the sprayer with CLR to break up and remove any deposits. If cleaning does not reolve you may need a new sprayer. The part number for the sprayer is 14893801 in steel optic. It is available through your local dealer or online dealer. Feel free to call me at Hansgrohe 1-800-334-0455. Press #2 for tech. Ask for David.

May 11, 2012 | Hansgrohe 06649860 Solaris Single Hole...

1 Answer

We purchased a 16927 Series SSSD 5 years ago. the faucet doesn't swivel on the base, so the nut securing the faucet to the sink continues to loosen under the sink. I've tried lubrication, I've...

There is a possibility of corrosion between swivel and base. Remove faucet and take to a work table and try and twist swivel spout off. I t may be tight, but the unit is not satisfactory and may need replacement. I have repaired such faucets before and many have been cheaper to replace. There a o rings between spout and body if you get it apart check mating surfaces any erosion discard unit. If OK replace o rings and use silicon grease. No petroleum products as this will cause o rings to swell. Good Luck

Nov 16, 2017 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Price pfister pull out kitchen faucet starting leaking suddenly and profusely at base, from joint segments along handle base, directly under handle and possibly at base of faucet. Understand I need to...

Most likely it is under the label , it is normally put on with light adhesive. That is where the set screw is most cases. As far as leak goes, your on right track with 0 rings/gaskets. Be careful however, some time you can just get one at hardware store ( whole unit) already together almost as cheek as repairing this unless it is just a couple 0 rings.

May 27, 2011 | Price Pfister Plumbing

1 Answer

Moen two-handle kitchen faucet, 1990's model installed new a few years ago, is leaking underneath at the center where the spray hose would connect. I didn't use the hose, though. The nut was tight. It...

The nuts used for capping off the sprayer attachment will bottom out and not seal. Unless there is tape or thread compound on the nut, it can spray a tiny jet up under the faucet when the faucet is activated. If there is clearly water leaking from above that, then the o ring for the spigot may be failing and need replacing. If this is the case, it will only leak when the faucet is activated. There is always the possibility of a crack in the casting of the faucet body; hope not:)

Aug 22, 2010 | Moen 7910 Chateau Two-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

533-50 kitchen faucet leaks above base mount at pivot body when water is on and the faucet is pivoting to fill other sink.It dribbles out on counter top.Seems not to leak if faucet stays stationary.The...

There are O rings that seal the various body parts of this faucet. I would try turning off the supply lines, removing the handle, and unscrewing the faucet and the housings. Look for O rings that seal each part. Could be a broken, or maybe some foreign material has gotten in the O ring grooves. Best bet would be to replace any O rings and tighten it all back securely. It should not have any Up and Down play, should only swivel side to side. I'm thinking O rings. While there, you can replace the seat seals and springs, so that you preclude any leaks from the faucet itself. Lowes, Home Depot, carry the repair kits for these faucets at a reasonable price. And they usually include the allen wrench and wrench to remove the handle and the body parts. And they are relatively inexpensive. Around 4 to 6 dollars. Its an easy fix.

Sep 27, 2009 | Price Pfister 532-7PCC Marielle Pull-Out...

1 Answer

Faucet losing water pressure

The FIRST thing is to remove and flush the aereator strainer on the spout.

Check by unscrewing the strainer and run the water. If it is STILL slow, then divertor valve may be clogged.

The divertor is USUALLY in the tower that the spigot pivots in. They are sometimes a little pintle type valve on the side once you remove the pivoting spigot. Handle has to be removed and then a ring that holds the spigot on removed.

When re-assembling use a bit of plumber's grease on the O rings.

Sep 15, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

No water pressure in kitchen sink. Not the aerator.

First of all we like to check the easy/cheap things first.

1. Are the shut-off valves closed lightly?

If they are closed, open them.....easiest fix of them all.

2. If the valves are open then possibly a washer is shifted.

Turn off the water supply at the valves under the sink. Remove the handles by removing the set screw under the handles. There should then be a packing nut which holds all of the "guts" of the faucet in. Remove this nut and pull out the long stem. On the bottom of this stem is a flat washer that may have been damaged or is just slightly shifted. EIther way, I would replace it if the faucet is more then a few years old as it is cheap and you already have access to it. WHen replacing the valve stem, be sure to use a plumbers grease on all rings and seals. The rest of the replacement is the same are the removal.

Hope this helps.

Apr 25, 2009 | Price Pfister Marielle Kitchen Faucet with...

1 Answer

Faucet will not pivot

The cap has to come off. I usually use a channel lock pliers with a thick rag on the chrome cap .After the cap comes off you may have to put some kind of lub in it such as silicone spray lub.  Twist the spout back and forth while raising it up. Yes. I may take quite a bit of strength and many many back and forth motions to come loose. After you have it off you wil see the menerial deposits or damaged o-rings causing the lasck of movement. The o-rings are available at most hardware stores or a plumbing supply store for sure.    If the cap cannot come off w/o damage,would you not be willing to replace it anyway,rather than have it stay stationary?  

Jan 30, 2009 | Delta Model 470: Signature Kitchen...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kohler Model 10433: Fort® Single-control Pullout Kitchen Sink Faucet Wi... Logo

196 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kohler Plumbing Experts


Level 3 Expert

4348 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3239 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16993 Answers

Are you a Kohler Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides