Question about Washing Machines
My display is saying "nd" what does that mean
Nd--Washer is not draining/Washer senses a brief restriction while draining
Posted on Nov 18, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: washer does not drain
ND error means no drain. When this happens it is usually a problem with the drain pump assembly, located under the bottom panel, inside the machine.
check the drain hose and the drain lines, ensure they are not obstructed. Probably the drain pump need replacement.
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
Not draining,throw rugs tend to clog this unit as do bobby pins and under wires I'm giving you a link to the repair manual it covers the 3000 through 5500 it will help you get the door open and the clothes out so you can start bailing...
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Hello there and welcome to fixya
From what you're describing it sounds like the drain pump is blocked. The nd error code indicates "no drain". If the unit can't drain it won't spin. You're going to have to slide the washer out far enough to remove the rear panel; be careful not to damage the floor. Once you get the rear panel off you will see the pump. Be sure to have plenty of towels & a small container to catch water. I am sending you instructions from the service manual to remove and replace the pump. Another possibility is the drain line is blocked or something is stuck in the tub to pump hose.
Posted on Nov 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Aug 16, 2016 | Amana Washing Machines
Sep 27, 2015 | Washing Machines
Jul 06, 2015 | Amana Washing Machines
Feb 17, 2015 | Amana Washing Machines
Aug 09, 2014 | Amana NFW7200TW 27-in. Washer Front...
Feb 07, 2014 | Amana 3.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer
Aug 17, 2011 | Amana Washing Machines
Aug 28, 2010 | Maytag NFW7200TW Front Load Washer
Aug 23, 2009 | Maytag NFW7200TW Front Load Washer
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!