Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Chronos Soho Notes - Database
Hey I found the solution.
Reinstall Soho Notes but on the screen after accepting the license is a button marked cutstomize. Click on that and then make sure the database box is checked. Finish the installation and restart your machine. It worked for me
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
SPEAKING WITH MY EXPERIENCE TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
Download Spybot Search & Destroy. Restart computer, then run Spybot to see what spyware comes up, AND DELET IT.
FYI---Virus Protection-- 2 programs of virus protection will conflict with each other and will actually cancel out the protection. SO just download one.
Running Spybot Search & Destroy with EITHER Avast or Avg (great Free virus protection programs ) will keep a computer in good working condition. FREE
HERE ARE SOME LINKS, THAT WOULD BE BETTER:
NEW *****Somthing new FROM MICROSOFT.*** 2009 ---Security Essentials
*****Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2 ****
****Avast ***FREE ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM
****AVG ****FREE SPYWARE PROGRAM
$ *** KASPERSKY ***
There are alot of $ anti-virus and Internet security programs out there,
ie: Norton, McAfee, Panda, Bitdefender. If you would like to pay $ then get ***Kaspersky***-- 2010 , I feel that is the best for your money.
REMEMBER TO KEEP UP THE DAILY MAINTENANCE ON ALL OF YOUR COMPUTERS.!
Good Luck. If you think this is good information, , please rate me.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
7. Once your done on the internet setting, go to your wireless connection settings and you can create a wireless network name or ssid, set a security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2.
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
9. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2014 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Sep 22, 2014 | Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware &...
Oct 21, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jun 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2011 | Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus:...
May 29, 2011 | Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware &...
Apr 04, 2011 | Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware &...
Jan 02, 2011 | Webroot Desktop Firewall (667208542109)
Nov 22, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Dec 15, 2009 | Webroot Spy Sweeper (spysweeper) for PC
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!