Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My BTU250DTR (Bush) is just
This message signals the fact that the processor of the Bush DVR was unable to load the firmware - usually because the firmware has been corrupted during an online/over the air update, but it's also a common occurrence that the STi processor itself has failed.
Unfortunately in either cases there's nothing you can do
- if the processor has failed then the unit is dead - replacing the mainboard would cost you even more than a new unit;
- if the firmware is corrupted you will need to open the receiver and attach to the mainboard a very special connector to it and use a very specific boot loader to be able to flash a new firmware - both are available only at a dealer or repair shop. And that will be expensive.
Phone them for a estimation of the repair price, you might find out that's cheaper to pay another 70 pounds for a new one.
Posted on Oct 17, 2010
Hello! For these issues, here are a few simple steps:
First, for the DVR recording shows, you just need to delete those timers. They may have accidentally been set up.
1. Menu, 7-Daily Schedule
3. Edit list
4. Select any timers that you did not create, or want deleted. This will stop them from recording!
For the program guide:
You just need to download the program guide. Here's a couple easy ways:
1. Pull up the Guide
2. Press 999 then the right arrow button (Browse) until the guide prompts a download,
1. Pull up a menu. Press 6 (Sys setup) -1(Installation) - 1( Point dish)
2. Highlight and select Check Switch on the upper right
3. Select test at the bottom left. (If a message comes up between steps 2 and 3, select yes. )
4. Press VIew live tv, and allow the Acquiring signal message and the guide download to go through.
I hope these steps help!!!
DISH Network Customer Service
Posted on Jan 14, 2011
Make sure the receiver is powered off each night so it can receive updates through the satellite to the guide.
You can force a guide download by unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, you can run a check switch test from Menu > System Setup > Installation > Point Dish > Check Switch > Test. Let it finish, then exit out of the menu and let it acquire signal and download the guide.
If you have any other questions, or need further assistance, let me know!
DISH Social Media Representative
Posted on Oct 24, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 29, 2012 | Magnavox Televison & Video
Dec 22, 2010 | Bush 5693D 24" TV
Oct 15, 2010 | Televison & Video
Mar 23, 2010 | Televison & Video
Oct 21, 2009 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Dec 17, 2007 | Samsung SIR-S4040R DirecTV DTV Receiver /...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!