I have a SBG6580. I am trying to enter the security key but cannot find it on the back of the router...please help
I shall have to assume you in a 'Factory Reset' situation, where you have not signed into the modem, and changed username/password defaults, (new unit, fresh out of the box).
Do not connect to the cable company yet. First, secure the modem.....
From the User Manual, page 9..... You do have a User Manual?
1. Open a browser window, after connecting your computer.
Use a 'wired' connection. Never change security settings, using Wi-Fi connection.....
2. Type in the IP address for the modem 192.168.0.1 in the URL address. That should take you to the modem's password change window.
3. Type in the default Username: admin.
4. Type in the default Password: motorola.
5. Type in your new username in the Password Change Username field.
6. Type in your new password in the New Password field.
7. Re-enter your new password
8. Re-type your new username in the Current Username Password field.
9. Click Apply.
10. Connect the modem to the cable company. You should shortly be able to go online, after the modem has synchronized to the cable company. That usually takes about a minute.
Your question asks for the 'security key'. That generally refers to the Wi-Fi settings. If that is the case, go to the 192.168.0.1 address, sign-in, and click on Wireless. Follow the obvious directions.... Or, post here again....
Feb 12, 2015 |
Arris SURFboard Gateway SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0...