Question about Heating & Cooling
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if you have a newer t-stat your heat pump reversing valve is either o or b depending on the type of system you have
Posted on Dec 19, 2007
SOURCE: I have a Honeywell T8131C
I tried all the tricks mentioned previously to no avail.
These are the steps I performed to get it to work:
1. Remove batteries and make sure the battery contacts inside the unit are clean.
2. Disconnect all the wires from the back of the unit. Be careful not let any of the bare wire ends to come in contact with each other. Make sure you mark the wires or verify that the color code matches the markings on the rear cover:
R=Red wire (low voltage DC); and
C=Common (wire color varies)
3. Leave the unit disconnected with batteries removed for about an hour to make sure all the memory drains. I waited an hour, but it may not require that much time.
4. Install the batteries in the correct positions per the instructions. The unit should perform a power up display test, then the display will flash the time and temperature.
5. Set the clock and the display will stop flashing.
6. Slide the switch to cool and/or heat and program the desired weekday/weekend settings.
7. Slide the switch back to off once all weekday/weekend settings are made.
8. Reconnect the wires that were removed in step 2.
9. System should be operational at this time.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
SOURCE: wiring in a new thermostat
yes .common as in the netural side of the transformer x to cif not hooked up the stat will still work. and honeywell has good support for their products . Tom
Posted on Jun 21, 2009
SOURCE: Screen says bat low
Found the manual online and it said to put the batteries in backwards for at least 5 seconds to re-set the thermostat. Amazingly, this worked.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Go to honeywell.com
Under red welcome sign
Bottom red highlighted box literature/image search
Type in thermostat model number
Click on arrow to right
Then click on the PDF files owners manual / installation instructions
If you can’t find what you want, the bottom left and bottom of web
Page, they have homeowners assistance and Home products to get the help you need.
Posted on Jun 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2014 | Honeywell 5804 Ademco Wireless Security...
Dec 04, 2010 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Nov 04, 2010 | Honeywell Heating & Cooling
Jun 08, 2010 | Honeywell Heating & Cooling
Jun 05, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Oct 04, 2009 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Oct 03, 2009 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Sep 26, 2017 | Honeywell Heating & Cooling
Sep 25, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!