Question about Microwave Ovens
Please do not take offence to this answer. Please seek the advice of a qualified person because the capacitors in a microwave are dangerous. Handled wrong at best you will get a severe shock and minor burns at worse its lethal. I know what is wrong with it and a qualified engineer might charge about 80 pounds to fix but my conscience wont allow me to tell you in case it goes badly wrong for you.
Posted on Nov 16, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Goldstar / LG / L.G. help, call 1-800-243-0000 (M-F, 7am-8pm CT, Sat
8-5 CT) and choose the appropriate prompt from the menu or visit here.
Goldstar manuals can be downloaded here.
We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
Since it sounds louder than before, it is probably a bad high voltage diode or magnetron.
If it's within the magnetron portion of the warranty (usually 5-9 years) but out of the original full warranty (usually 1 year), then your manufacturer will cover the part cost, but not the cost to visit you or the labor charge to do the work.
Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
Sears may send you a magnetron to install yourself since it's under warranty. For that or warranty service, contact Sears at http://www.sears.com.
You can save about $75 by taking it to the shop yourself, as opposed to an in-home service call.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 08, 2008
Could be the high voltage capacitor or the diode. Both can easily be checked with the proper ohm meter. It could also be the magnetron tube which you really cannot check. Bill
Posted on May 02, 2009
SOURCE: I have the danby designer
The Magnetron in your unit is no longer resonating properly. The Magnetron produces the microwave frequencies and when it resonates properly, it will provide the excitation to heat your item(s). As well, the diode that accompanies the magnetron needs to be replaced as well. Should it be under warranty, take it back. Out of warranty? Have an appliance tech repair it (usually around $175) or get a new microwave.
This is typical for most microwaves. No such thing as quality any more.
Posted on Apr 12, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2013 | Goldstar MV-1515 Microwave Oven
Mar 13, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
Make sure the !!!!any capacitors are discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!), the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Feb 25, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven
Dec 08, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1310W/B Microwave Oven
Jul 17, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1515 Microwave Oven
Nov 22, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1615 Microwave Oven
Mar 25, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Jul 30, 2008 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
Sep 26, 2017 | GE Microwave Ovens
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!