Question about Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have just been given a Canon MP170, but the previous owner wasn't English and he has set the printer display to Taiwanese! I can't get it back to English because the manual doesn't tell me how to. Please could some one tell me how many times to push each button so that I can get it back to English? Many thanks.
The guide is not particularly clear on an exact structure for the menu, so unless you can find someone who actually owns one (or if you speak to the manufacturer) you will not get a step by step. basically you have 3 options 1, get taiwanese guy to reset the language option, (or anyone who can read japenese) 2 explore the menu, yourself looking for the option which has different languages as settings(ie the options are not all in japenese) 3 contact manufacturer for factory reset (as restore defaults will not change the language settings)
Posted on Oct 08, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2012 | Canon PIXMA Printers & Copiers
May 23, 2012 | Printers & Copiers
Below are the step for your kind attention - change the language setting;
1. Un-install all Canon related program/software/driver from your PC
2. Click START - Click Control Panel - Click Clock, Language and Region - Click Region and Language
3. Click Administrative option - Click Change system locale... - Select English (united States or United Kingdom)
4. Click Apply and please re - start you PC.
5. After re - start the PC, put the printer CD to install the driver and software accordingly.
Feb 03, 2012 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 24, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1200 Photo Printer
Jan 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 27, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 21, 2009 | Canon LASER SHOT LBP-2900 Printer
Dec 17, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Sep 11, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
535 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: