- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
WEP is a type of security mode for wireless networks. It is associated with a specific SSID. You have to know the WEP key to be able to use the WLAN that is protected by it. If you own the router, you can change the WEP key in the config. If you do not, you'd need to get the key from the owner.
That model of modem was made with firmware specifically for Sprint so ZyXEL would not have any more recent firmware for the unit. That model has been discontinued for some years now and judging from the type of behavior it is showing the unit may be experiencing a hardware failure.
Your best option would be to try and find an inexpensive ADSL2+ modem to replace it with.
high this is a crazey fix but it might work it has done on two of my modems speedstream and speed touch and i track this problem down just so i could post this fix because i know what its like to pull your hair out over thease things its pretty simple and i know idear why it works but it has done for me firstly if your with a internet provider and they have supplied you with a disk if your lucky it will have modem problem fixing file such as with tiscali if like me you only get some way through it as it configures your modem hear it is take the phone of the receiver ie hook then it will configure your modem for you if not lucky enough to have this on your set up internet cd you can still try it by taking the phone of the hook and then rebooting your modem ie switching it of and on becarfel though it might be best if you closed your computer down first 1) take phone of hook 2)re boot modem 3)tern on computer /laptop good luck regards colin
I work for a Cable company and am very familiar with these modems. When the send light is flashing it means the cable modem is unable to lock on the the upstream channel.
A few reasons for this are.
1. The tuner in your cable modem may have suddenly died
2. The could be an internal wiring problem in your home or some sort of filter on your line preventing it from linking.
3. The cable company could be having a problem
Usually 2WIRE modems are automatically configured to broadcast wireless. If your modem is not broadcasting it can be due to a few minor D.I.Y issue.
1. Access your gateway address E.g 192.168.1.254 in most cases , access wireless settings, scroll down to see if the ENABLE SSID is checked. If it is not checked, check it and submit settings. Try searching for wireless again and it should appear in your wireless networks
2. Check your wireless channel if its in the default channel. By default it should be in channel 6. Too high channel will not broadbast wireless networks. E.G Channel 13 will not broadcast wireless. Even it does the wireless will not be strong enough.