Question about Magellan RoadMate 700 GPS Receiver
I know I'll need someone in the San Gabriel Valley, CA who can fix this. Can you help me with someone that is reputable?
I had the same problem. What I figured out that works is: When you first turn the unit on, go through the audio test phase before doing anything else. That should make the audio work for direction. You have to do this each time you turn it on. A little bit of a pain, but it works.
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
posted on Jun 20, 2008
Rating: 0%, 0 votes
1. Search for the file ENG_F.SND sound on google or yahoo or any search engine.
2. Connect RM 700 to PC, and create folder name SOUND_EU on RM 700.
3. Copy the ENG_F.SND to SOUND_EU folder.
4. Disconnect RM 700 from PC.
5. Turn on RM 700, and go to Option, configuration, language, and choose English.
6. RM 700 will load sound file and turn off.
7. Turn on RM 700, if it keeps showing the initial screen, then connect the RM 700 to PC, and DELETE the ENG_F.SND from SOUND_EU. It should be OK after you disconnect RM 700 from PC and turn it on again.
NOTES: My screen indeed locked at first as covered in the last step, so expect that to happen. Don't worry if you never get to do step 5 and 6. Connecting the USB deleting the SND file and restarting it works and the sound is back even without the file there.
This only fixes the Female voice along with the beeps and clicks. The unit goes silent again if you select the male voice but switching back to the female makes it work again. I assume "_F" in the file name must mean female.
The display still shows "AFIJDEN...." or something like that instead of the word "Exit" or "Entrance" when exiting or entering the freeway. Voice is fine though. Anyone got a fix for that?
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2016 | Dishwashers
Oct 13, 2014 | Pool & Spa
Feb 16, 2013 | dr. Tech WA-1070 Wireless Advanced Weather...
Aug 21, 2011 | 1989 Jeep Wrangler
Mar 02, 2011 | Krups XL6 Power Combi 2 Speed Blender
Jun 24, 2010 | Dictaphone 2740 Desktop Cassette...
Aug 03, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 19, 2009 | Adcom Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 16, 2008 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!