Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I have searched almost the whole WWW for a solution so here goes i'll ask here is there any way to refil or reset a lexmark z845 printer ? have seen chip resetters but wondered if one would work on this printer?
Give up. I have searched too. Cheaper to start again and find a printer that takes refillable cartridges. Unlike you I did not check before buying the Z845 at half price £24.50 in Tesco, knowing the cartridges within would cost almost the same. Previous printer I could refill the cartridge for 40pence!
Posted on Oct 17, 2007
I have an z845 and all injet refills are the same...
1. buy an injet refill set from an office supply store, I found mine at Staples. There are more expensive ones you can but online (premium and photo quality inks) but the expense isn't much, just the time in getting them, if you can wait, go for them, unless you don't do photo glossy prints or iron transfer t-shirts, then color matching accuracy might not be as important.
2. open your pack, assemble your syringe, open the inks but leave the seals on, just poke the syringe through when you start to refill.
3. carefully pull the sticker from the cartridge, you don't have to replace it they say, but it's good to keep in on later to stop splashing.
4. use the included drill bit to widen the three holes in the top of the inkjet cart. (no drill bit, use you own, and you only need one that's slightly bigger that the syringe, the one I got was a quarter inch and very stupid)
5. **** up 3-4 cc of ink from a color bottle and stab the syringe all the way to the bottom of the cartridge in the hole of that color, it will resist because it's foam latex, make sure that there is no more resistance when it is fully at the bottom, and squeeze in carefully in case it's not actually empty.
-don't follow directions if they say to "fill it up to overflowing then **** out the excess", lexmarks leak when over half full. 8 is a full cart, 3-4 is probably safe.
-fully clean out the syringe between each color by sucking up water 3-4 times and blowing it out again.
-put the sticker back on seal your inks, clean the syringe and your ready to go.
-clean the metal contacts and then the print heads with the clear or pink solvent, wipe off with a dry cloth and reinsert into the printer.
Easy as pie.
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 20, 2008 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 05, 2008 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
May 12, 2008 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 20, 2008 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
Mar 13, 2008 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2008 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
1,062 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!