Question about Toshiba Satellite Computers & Internet
I installed a new hardrive and installed W7 from Vista. Hard drive is brand new. Everything seems to work fine. But when Going to device manager It had a warning triangle on "Other Devices" base system device Location = PCI Bus 20. device 6 Function 4 Function 3 Function 2 " the drivers for this device are not installed. "code 28" this is on a A215-s7422
Posted by Anonymous on
Things which you should know and do before upgrade:
1. HP may demand you to reinstall back Vista if you will have any hardware problems to troubleshoot them.
2. HP will not help you if you will have any software problems because this models are not officially supported
with Windows 7.
3. Before you will upgrade to Windows 7 please make Vista Recovery CD/DVD. How to do it all informations here.
4. All Vista drivers and pre-installed software by HP for your model are in C:\swsetup folder.
If you still have it on your HDD then copy this folder to CD/DVD. You may need them someday.
5. Users with nVidia graphic card should check temperature of this device before upgrade.
This way you will know is it working ok in Windows 7 too.
How you may check your notebook CPU (processor), GPU (graphic card), motherboard or HDD temperature?
To do that use HWMonitor (free and recommended) or Aida64.
How to find out which model you've got and specifications for it:
1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)
2. In search box type your laptop product number (p/n).
How to Locate the Notebook p/n
3. Under notebook picture you will find your notebook model name (example: HP Pavilion dv6205eu Notebook PC).
4. On the same page click on Product Information -> Product Specifications and you will find all informations about
your notebook hardaware.
How to install Windows 7 and what you should know while upgrading:
1. Guide: How to Do a Clean Installation with Windows 7
2. All Windows 7 drivers you will find in next post below.
3. Some drivers have comment then they are originaly made for Vista system.
When normal installation will fail, then try to run unsuccessfully installed file in Compatibility Mode (Windows Vista,
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2).
Make older programs run in this version of Windows
How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7
Posted on Sep 21, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2011 | Acomdata BIO500UE Enigma Ruggedized with...
Feb 18, 2011 | Creative Technology VF0070 Network Camera
Apr 24, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
Apr 20, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Aug 01, 2008 | Fujitsu 160GB MHY2160BH 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM...
Jan 11, 2008 | Acer Aspire T690 (AST690UP820A) PC...
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!