Question about PC Laptops
Hey guys I have an Acer notebook Aspire 3620.. The colling fan is fried and I need to replace it. The problem is that even after I remove all the visible retaining screws I cant get the cover off in order to access the fan. Is there a trick to it or am I missing some hidden screws. If there is anyone there that can help.....I'll remember you in my will :-) Thanx a bunch
Posted on May 14, 2009
At both hinges,behind screen,remove the screw & then lay monitor flat . The top part will pop up now by gently prying up at each end.There you find screws to remove keyboard& under that 3 more screws.
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
On most laptops you have to remove the keyboard first. Is there a strip right above the keyboard that pops up? If so, it will give you access to the keyboard mounthing screws.
Posted on Oct 05, 2007
Since I have dismatle dan assemble the 3620 several time, I should be able to assist you on the method of replacing the fan.
1) 0 screw to unscrew. remove the top cover (with the on button) and carefull not to pull all the way out to avoid broken cable.
2) 1 screw to unscrew the switch button circuit.
3) 1 screw to unscrew. remove the keyboard and wires connecting to the touchpad and LED panel.
Turn Over the laptop
4) 2 screw to removed underneath the LCD hinges
5) 1 screw to remove the optical drive. use paper clip to push into a hole by the side of the optical drive (intended to take out any cd when power off)
6) 3 screw to remove the harddisk cover.
7) 2 screw to remove the harddisk.
8) 2 chrome screw underneah the location of the harddisk.
9) 5~7 small screw to remove the wireless and ram cover
10) remove the cable connecting to the wireless card
Turn Over and from above
11) 2 screw to unscrew to the holder of the LCD hinges.
12) remove both VGA cable and 2 wireless cable/ariel.
13) take out the LCD display.
Turn over the laptop
14) unscrew visible screw from each hole underneath the notebook.
Turn over the laptop
15) the mainboard must be taken out from the casing in such as way that the VGA port would be stationary but the speaker side of the mainboard is taken out first. but press the PCMCIA stick inside to avoid it from obstructing.
16) you should be able to see the fan and the connector.
Kamal Adam, Malaysia.
Posted on May 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3680 Notebook
Sep 11, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Aug 16, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Jun 17, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3100-1405 Notebook
Jun 06, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Jun 04, 2009 | Acer Aspire 1640Z Notebook
May 02, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3050-1733 Notebook
Apr 17, 2009 | Acer PC Laptops
Aug 19, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
3,376 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!