I have a Dell 924 AIO Printer. It was working great until a small, thin, transparent, plastic film strip came out with a printed page. It has two small holes on either end that seem to connect to two pins on either side of the printer. I tried to re-attach it, but it won't stay. Now the ink cartridge slams back and forth inside the printer whenever I start it or try to print something. Can I fix this? Is it worth paying to get it fixed?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The plastic strip you are referring to is the mechanisim to move the cartridge carrier back and forth, you may need to take it to a certified technician to see if it can be replaced or if not damaged put back into the printer.
Buy and HP. Seriously though, you can look in the printer and should see a small thin plastic strip that looks tinted and sits behind the path of the print cartridge carriage. This strip has many vertical lines the printer counts to know it's position on the path. If this is dirtied with ink, a common problem, the printer can skip lines due to an inability to shine light through and count them. If this look inky, wipe it with a damp paper towel and COMPLETELY dry it. Unplugging the printer while the carriage is in motion will give you the ability to slide if freely. Good luck.
just go in to the printer properties and select the proper printsize you want.
if you want to change the size of the words just select the document by pressing ---CTRL + A--- togrther and it will be selected .then on the same page on the upper side you can see the very small arrow pointing towards down just click that arrow and you can select the size of the word you want.
to resolve this issue , execute the following steps
1. Unplug the power adapter from the printer
2. open the printer cover and look for the transparent plastic strip behind he cartridge holders, ,wipe the strip using a soft cloth.
3. connect the printer to your computer and on your computer , click on start , All programs , Dell printers, Dell AIO 924 , and then click on All in one center, a new window opens up , Click on maintenance and Troubleshoot tab (which you would find on the top in All in one center) 4.you will get a new box for maintenance and troubleshoot, in that you will get an option, Clean to Fix horizontal Streaks , click on that and it will print a page ..