An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: lost security code
KENWOOD SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure
Your radio will require one of the following procedures.
Type 1 During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that “…” disappears). Then using your remote enter your code.
Type 2 Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".
Then using your remote enter your code.
Type 3 Model# DPX-4020 and DPX-4030 Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you "favorite" radio stations). "C" should display. Then using your remote, enter your code.
Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is 5227 (KCAR)
* Press numeric key “5” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key * Press numeric key “2” ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key * Press numeric key “2” ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key * Press numeric key “7” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This tip deals with instructions on how to enter the security code in your Renault car radio and assumes that you already have the correct code for your radio. It also describes what to do if your radio will not accept a code after too many incorrect entries and appears to be locked.<br /><br /> If you happen need a code for your Renault Radio I can also recommend this site which is cheap, fast and accurate and will email or text the code directly to you.
1) You must have 0000 showing on the display before the radio will accept the code.<br /> <br />If CODE or ERROR is on the display you must leave the radio switched on with the key turned to the first point in the ignition that activates the radio until the display changes to 0000.<br /> <br />This can take over an hour depending on how many wrong code entries have been made. It is very important to leave the key in the ignition turned to the accessories on position and the power must not be interrupted or the wait period will be reset and start all over again.<br /> <br />2) When you get 0000 on the display, use the steering stalk and <b><u>not</u></b> the radio to enter the code. Turn the thumbwheel on the stalk until the number changes on the display. Accept each number by pressing the satellite button on the bottom of the stalk before moving on to the next one.<br /> <br />3) When all four numbers are entered on the display you must press and hold the button on bottom of the stalk until you hear a confirmation beep. This may take up to 10 seconds.<br /><br />4) Enjoy your sounds!<br /> <br />Hope this tip helps. Please do leave a vote for it and thanks for using FixYa.<br />
You need to take your registration papers with your licence (licence is to prove YOU own the car) to a car dealer ie: Holden, Ford, Toyota, Chrysler and ask at the sales office for the SECURITY CODES FOR YOUR CAR, You'll receive your BCM security number, Car key number-Ignition, Radio security pin number and Radio serial number. These numbers belong to YOUR car and once you have them DON'T loose them because in Australia some dealers charge a fee and some don't.... Hope this helped....CHEERS..
The 4-digit code for your radio is listed on the two radio security cards supplied with the vehicle.
Enter the code by using the pre-set buttons numbered 1 to 6 and a "beep sound" occurs.
If the code is not properly entered, then begin the code entry again, starting with the first digit. If the code is not properly entered in three successive attempts the radio will not accept any entry until the radio has been left on for one hour (the radio display will show the word 'WAIT'). After one hour in the 'on' position the radio will accept three additional entries.
Note: Should you lose your radio security cards, contact your Jaguar Dealer, who for security reasons will require proof of vehicle ownership.
If the starter rapidly clicks when the key is held in the crank position than the battery is low on charge. This may have happened if you had the doors open while installing the radio and the dome light/interior lights where on.
Try jumpstarting the vehicle. If it starts drive it for at least 1/2 hour before shutting it off. That should give the alternator enough time to charge the battery for the next time you start it.
If you have any questions let me know.
Sounds like your radio has an internal security system which means you have to enter a security code to unlock the radio functions. This procedure is explained in the manual for the radio.
You should also have the correct code written on a credit card sized card.
If you do not have any of these items, contact your local dealership.