I have a dell axim x5 and a truemobile 1180 wifi wireless network cf card. When I go to settings and network connections it allows me to change the setting "This network card takes me to the internet, but then reverts back to the work setting. I can not get on the net with this card even though I can see the networks under Dell client. The only way I can get on the net is when the pocket pc is connected to my desktop. Please let me know how to fix this issue.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Over the past few months I have seem more of this issue. I am beginning to think that there may be Microsoft updates that could be conflicting with the wireless network adapter config. But this is only a speculation.
In the mean time, you may have a faulty wireless card. If the unit is under warranty, have Dell replace it. If not, you could disable the internal one and purchase a Linksys Wireless G or N USB adapter from Staples....just to rule it out.
The Axim X5 can only go up to Windows Mobile 2003 (Mobile 5 is the one after this).
My suggestion is sell the REALLY great Socket card and get one that works with your X5 (you have either Pocket PC 2002 or Windows Mobile 2003) If you Ebay search Dell TrueMobile, you'll find the card that works with either.
I need mine too, so it looks like we'll have a bidding war.
For x5, you will need either cf wifi card or sd wifi card. If wifi network hotspot is free and internet access is allowed (check with your college's network administrator for information), all you need is be in the range, turn the wifi on and connect to it (there maybe several security settings you have to do on the axim and these can also be obtained from network admin). For paid hotspot, you will be redirected to enter username and password when you ty to access internet.
When using wireless lan with PPC, there are some experience shere with you.
1. You must do an "Reset" after the first time of installing wireless driver into your DELL AXIM. Otherwise, the driver would not work.
2. Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 only can allow one source to access the internet. It can't access internet via the USB and wireless at the same time. Thus, it is more batter way to leave your AXIM alone instead of insert on cradle when you try to access internet via wireless lan.
3. Some of the wireless's CE driver are based on StrongArm, 206MHz, not PXA250, 400MHz. It will got problem when the wireless try to initiate the link between base station and PPC. Try the following step:
(i) Make sure you have been install the wireless driver.
(ii) Remove your wireless from CF slot.
select "PowerSave" mode and apply it.
(iv) Plug wireless into CF slot
(v) If you can get an dynamic IP or access internet, you can repet step 3, but select "Auto" mode.
Hoping these information can solve your problem.
No. The secure digital on the Axim only supports memory cards. If you want to use anything else it will have to be for the cf in the Axim. Devices for wifi, bluetooth, and modems are more readily available for cf and are lower priced at the moment too.
just a guse but the batery looks to have enouth mA to run a CF 802.11b card and an sd blue touth card
i think if you will be connected to a network or a wifi connection i would invest the money in the 3400MAH insted of the 1440MAH.