Question about Dell E151FP 15" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
These menu keeps popping up on their own i'v tried a few things but nothing works plese help this is so annoying especially when i'am studying because when it pops up it takes a while to go away
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
Sounds like a button is sticking. Does it seem too sensitive? It should give a little resistance when pressed and have about 0.1" of travel. Try gently prying outward on the offending button with a pin or needle. If you're comfortable taking the monitor apart, do so and check the alignment of the menu buttons.
Posted on Oct 05, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2013 | Gateway FPD1975W 19" LCD Monitor
Feb 07, 2012 | Hanns.G Corporation HW Computer Monitors
Feb 04, 2011 | iiyama Pro Lite (White) 15" LCD Monitor
Sep 12, 2009 | X2Gen MG19MY 19" LCD Monitor
Jul 09, 2009 | Envision H191W Monitor
May 11, 2009 | Dell E207WFP LCD Monitor
Oct 12, 2007 | HP Pavilion F1523 15" LCD Monitor
Jun 14, 2007 | Dell UltraSharp 1900FP 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Jun 08, 2007 | iiyama ProLite E434S 17" LCD Monitor
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!