Question about Refrigerators
It is not cooling anymore and I know nothing about where to begin to look. Can you please help????
I was having the same problem and found that the drain hole on the freezer side at the bottom was clogged. When the condensation drips it should drain through that hole. Since it is clogged the water builds up and leaks out the side of the refrigerator. Here is how to fix it:
1. Check to make sure you see the hole and that it is clogged. You will know it is clogged if water simply sits on top of the hole and doesn't drain through it.
2. Unplug the refrigerator and get a flashlight - I used the little cute one on my key chail :-)
3. Go to the back at the bottom right and remove the vent cover. It is just a few screws.
4.On the right you will see a plastic pipe that connects to the rain drain inside the freezer.
4. Simply disconnect the pipe and remove it. The pipe is bendable so do be afraid to bend it if you need to in order to remove it.
5. Clean out the pipe with hot water. You will need to tap it in the sink to make sure all the "gook" is coming out. I boiled hot water and poured it through the pipe until the water flowed through both ends completely.
5. Re attach the pipe and screw the vent back on.
You have solved the problem!
I bought this refrigerator new in 1998 and it has been a great investment. This is the only problem I've ever had. I'm happy this was an easy fix.
It took me more time to find a fix on the internet than it did to actually fix it. So that's why I'm sharing the solution with you. I hope this is helpful!
Posted on May 15, 2009
Will need a little more info on this one. Such as: No cool in both freezer and fridge section? Do you hear anything running, fans or compressor? If it is cold in freezer check to see if there is frost build up on back panel in freezer. Let me know so we can solve this problem.
Posted on Oct 05, 2007
Cant get to the other rows of coils.. Cleaned coils in front but can't reach the back even with a coil brush
Posted on Sep 20, 2008
Refergator not cooling freezer working fine
Posted on May 03, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2015 | GE Refrigerators
Mar 17, 2011 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 09, 2010 | GE Refrigerators
Mar 15, 2010 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Jun 18, 2009 | GE GSH22JFR Side by Side Refrigerator
Dec 24, 2008 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 26, 2008 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
2,638 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!