It doesn`t matter which driver version from the CD I use, my computer (based on Win2000) do not accept the 3rd (additional) slot.
Do I have to install a special driver for this version of the printer?
HP doesn`t provide anything like that.
Thank you very much for your help...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The address below is a direct-link to the HP Drivers & Downloads site for your printer model. Simply select what version OS you're using on your computer and select the "Full Feature Software Driver" that is 16.34MB from the "Drivers" collapsable menu.
The package that is downloaded with used to install your printer, however, before doing so, make sure your printer is not connected to the computer via USB.
1. Double-click the driver package .exe file to open it.
2. Follow the prompts to complete the install.
3. When prompted to do so, connect the USB cable from your printer to the computer.
4. The installation will detect your printer automatically and finish the install.
If for some reason, the installation package does not allow you to install from your hard drive, you always have the option of burning the .exe file to CD/DVD, however, the files on the original manufacturer's CD are the same as those found in the .exe file downloaded, except that the CD's hold multiple language versions of the driver files and trial versions of specialty software from other 3rd-party companies.
Finally navigated the Canon.com site and found help for Vista drivers. After 3rd attempt, everything is working. Thanks for looking at this problem. You have to install both the MP Navigator and the new drivers... nothing simple like all in one!