More then likely you have the fax set up to USE A DIALING PREFIX.
Therefore it is automatically doing this, regardless of what you input.
Follow the proceedure below ( which comes directly from the users manual for your printer type ) to change this. Delete the " USE A DIALING PREFIX " information.
once that is done, it will no longer automatically add the prefix for you. :)
I have BOLDED
the relevant information below that pertains to this.
Please take a moment to evaluate my solution. Your appropriate rating of my solution would be greatly appreciated
Using the Fax Setup Utility
Use this utility to adjust the fax send and receive settings. When you save these settings, they apply to every fax you send or receive. You can also use this utility to create and edit your speed dial list.
- Click Start Programs Lexmark 4200 Series Fax Setup Utility.
- From Lexmark All-In-One Center All-In-One Main Page, click Fax Setup Utility.
The following table describes the Fax Setup Utility tabs:
On this tab:
- Enter your name and fax number.
- Select a maximum send speed and a print quality for outgoing faxes.
- Choose whether to scan the entire document before dialing the number.
- Choose whether to use error correction.
- Select when to print a fax usage report.
- Select when to print a fax activity report.
- Choose whether you want to print a footer (date, time, and page number) on each page.
- Automatically reduce an incoming fax to fit to the paper size loaded or print it on two sheets of paper.
- Select whether you want to forward a fax or print it, and then forward it.
- Select the number of times you want the machine to redial and the time between those attempts if the fax cannot be sent on the first try.
- Select the phone line format you want to use (Pulse, Touch-tone, Behind a PBX).
- Enter a dialing prefix.
- Choose how (manually, if fax tones are detected, or after a certain amount of rings) you want to answer incoming calls.
- Select a distinctive ring.
Add to, create, or edit the speed dial list.
Group Speed Dial
Create a group number and name, and then add phone numbers to the group.