I can receive faxes perfectly fine, and there are no errors displayed on the fax machine. However, the memory is 12% full from trying to send faxes, and it will not dial them to send them.
I have tried resetting the power (including yanking the power cord) to reset it, but that did not matter. I have tried messing around with the options, but could not find any specific one that would make the faxes go (or not go).
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The remote machine has failed to respond to a fax command from the product because the connection is interrupted. The remote user has pressed the Stop button while the remote machine was receiving. Under rare conditions, incompatibility between the two machines can cause the remote machine to simply abandon the call.
Attempt to send the fax again when telephone-line conditions have improved.
If the fax session was using error correction, disable ECM.
To disable ECM Press :-
Press Setup .
Press the Down arrow ( ) repeatedly until Advanced Fax Setup displays.
Press OK .
Press the Down arrow ( ) until Error Correction Mode displays.
Press OK .
Press the Right arrow (> ) until either OFF or ON displays.
Press OK .
Send another fax to verify that the ECM is enabled or disabled.
Check the Phone Cable connected with the printer.
Make sure the Cable should be connected to line 1 port at the back of the printer and it should be going directly from the printer to the wall jack and not to the Serj protector.
Try to print a fax test page.
On the control panel of the product, press the Setup button ( ).
Press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select Tools , and then press OK .
Press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select Run Fax Test , and then press OK . The product displays the test results on the control panel display and prints the Fax Test Report.
Now Do this :-
Send a one page black and white text fax to 1-888-hpfaxme (1-888-473-2963).
When your fax is received by the HP Test Fax Service, we will generate a return fax to you within five minutes confirming that we received your fax. This verifies that you can both send and receive a fax with your fax machine.
If you do not receive a return fax within 5-7 minutes, there may be a problem with the setup of your fax machine. Consult the user manual that came with the product for proper setup and configuration.
Try the above steps and let me know if it works for you.
The error message 242 appears in HP Photomart C7180, when the remote machine (the fax machine at Fax Sender side), is having problem, and it is trying to receive fax instead of sending. So actually both these machines try to receive the fax at the same time.
On many fax machines it is possible to accediently initiate the fax reception when:
1. The paper is not loaded in the machine
2. Or The paper is not correctly loaded.
You may contact the fax sender to check the above things. There is absolutely no problem with machine at your end.
roblem : The machine displays an E674 code. This may be followed by an E677 code when the Fax pcb is removed. The imageRunner also has a Print Board installed.
With the Fax Board and Print Board installed an E674 code occurred. When the Fax Board was removed an E677 code then occurred. Try removing the PDL Interface pcb for the Print Board from the copier. Reinstall the Fax Board, if the E674 code does not occur and the copier is capable of sending and receiving faxes, then replace the PDL Interface pcb because it may be faulty and causing the two E codes; E674 for faxing and E677 for printing.
First, check your fax's phone line. Put a regular phone on it and check for dial tone and line noise. If the line is dead or noisy, this will cause a problem.
You can also try dialing your fax number from another phone and see if the fax unit picks up the line and starts initiating communication. (sounds like modem noises)
What happens if you dial the remote fax number as a voice call on another phone? Does that number pick up? Does it give you the modem handshake noise? If not, the remote side has a problem.
Can you fax other numbers?
What happens when you dial your own fax line from another phone? If your fax does not pick up and talk to you, your fax may have a problem.
NOTE this option may vary to printer try USING OPTIONS TO SET CHANGES
To resolve the problem, try the steps below. After each step, try to send a fax again.
1. As some fax machines are not capable of receiving color faxes, legal size faxes, or faxes at 200x200 dpi resolution, make sure you are sending an A4 or letter size (not legal size) page at standard resolution: * Press the Black button for a black-and-white fax. Press the Quality button to check the selected resolution. 2. Make sure the All-In-One has enough memory free when you want to save the scanned documents into memory before sending the fax. Please refer to the following document: Click here to link to the relevant document. Note: The scanned documents will only be saved in the memory before the whole fax is sent if the Scan Before Dial option is turned on. (This is the factory default.) Up to 50 black-and-white fax pages can be stored in memory at standard resolution when there are no pending faxes in the queue. 3. Turn off the Scan Before Dial option by pressing the following keys on the operator panel: 1. Press the Fax button, then press Options untill u see ADVANCED FAX mode. 2. Press Select. 3. Press Options nine times until SCAN BEFORE DIAL appears on the LCD display. 4. Change the setting from Yes to No using the + (right arrow) button. 5. Press Select. Note: The Scan Before Dial option controls whether a document is scanned before a call is dialed. This parameter only applies to a mono fax that uses either 200x100 or 200x200 resolution. Higher resolution mono faxes and all color faxes are scanned after the call is dialed and the receiving machine's capabilities are known. 4. Lower the fax transmission speed 9600 bps, as some older fax machines are not capable of receiving a fax at a high speed. To do so: 1. Press the Fax button, then press Options untill u see ADVANCED FAX. 2. Press Select. 3. Press Options untill u see until MAX SEND SPEED appears on the LCD display. 4. Change it to 9600 BPS using the - (left arrow) button. 5. Press Select. 5. Turn off ECM (Error Correction Mode) by pressing the following keys on the operator panel: 1. Press the Fax button, then press untill u see to get to ADVANCED FAX. 2. Press Select. 3. Press untill u see ERROR CORRECTION appears on the LCD display. 4. Change the setting from On to Off using the + (right arrow) button. 5. Press Select.
When the last page of your document has been sent
successfully, the machine beeps and returns to Standby mode.
When something goes wrong while sending your fax, an error
message appears on the display.
If you receive an error message, press Stop/Clear to clear the
message and try to send the document again.
You can set your machine to print a confirmation report
automatically each time sending a fax is completed. If you get the error message write it down it should always supply an error message if the fax did not go through.
Try turning off ECM (error correction mode or overseas mode). Try calling the fax # from a regular phone line - If you hear the fax shrill tones you know you've got the right #) I it does not go through, you should get an error code #. let me know what it is