Question about Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
I have a brand new Yellow ink tank installed. it printed fine for about a week, but now the printer comes up with an error saying the ink tank is not recognized. this is a Canon Brand ink tank. i've tried removing and replacing the cartridge, but still comes up with the error. HELP!
Here's info on the reset:
When your printer detects a problem with the cartridge you are attempting to use, a flag is set inside the device. This flag may not reset until you perform a hard reset on the device.
1. Verify that the printer is turned on.
2. Open printer's lid/top cover and remove all of the cartridges from their carriers. Close the lid/top cover.
3. Unplug the power cord from the printer.
4. Wait for 10 minutes.
5. Plug the power cord back into the printer.
6. Open the lid/top cover and reinsert both cartridges back in to their carriers.
7. Turn the printer on.
8. Print a test page.
Posted on Dec 10, 2012
Chip(s) not recognised can have number of causes. The most likely one is bad connection between the chip itself (on ink tank) and the contacts (in printer). Just wipeing the chip & contacts with metho can cure the problem.
hope this helps
Posted on Nov 09, 2010
I don't have a problem with inks,But i only use genuine Canon ones.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
If a brand new ink tank is not recognized, it has a faulty chip. I took the chip off the faulty tank and replaced it with another one. That worked for me.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
Aug 28, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 22, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 08, 2009 | Canon MP610 Photo All-In-One Printer
Sep 13, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 09, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Sep 08, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 30, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Jun 03, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MX700 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 30, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
1,305 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: