Question about Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Hi! I'm working with Linux Live cd in a windows xp notebook. The linux os does not automatically recognize the wireless adapter. Could you please let me know your thoughts on this? The ifconfig -a command does not show the adapter. Someone told me that I would need to download a program and compile the windows driver into the linux kernel. Thanks in advance. With regards. Dami?n
Check Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Downloads - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=1637
Select Linux from and click on go
You can download Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG version 1.2.0 or 1.1.0
Installing/updating Intel PRO/Wireless version 1.2.0 driver for Linux
- To extract the archive file, type from a console: tar xzvf ipw2200_linux_1_2_0.tgz
- To install the driver the following is needed:
1. Linux with a 2.6.8+ kernel. See README.ipw2200 for information on
specific options required to be enabled in the kernel.
2. Wireless Extensions (v16) and Tools (v27-pre23) if not included in
3. The driver (ipw2200-1.2.0.tgz)
4. The binary firmware image (ipw2200-fw-3.0.tgz)
5. For instructions on how to build and use the driver, please see the INSTALL document in the ./intel_ipw2200_120/ directory.
More info http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net
Posted on Mar 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2009 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG...
Jun 12, 2009 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Mar 22, 2009 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Nov 29, 2008 | Network & Wireless Adapters
Jul 24, 2008 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Apr 25, 2008 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Apr 07, 2008 | Network & Wireless Adapters
Mar 27, 2008 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Oct 15, 2007 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Aug 15, 2007 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
712 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!