An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: I can't watch dvds
Put in the DVD, allow it to load up. Press the Select button on the controller. This will pop up a small menu. Highlight "Setup" and press the X button. This will take you to the area for parental lockout. When you get the Enter passowrd scren going, Enter '7444', it will then prompt you to enter another password. normally people use '0000' Now you can scroll down the movie rating list and select "OFF" so you dont have this problem anymore.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. DVD has lots of scratches 2. Regional Settings 3. Incorrect DVD settings for PS2 4. No/Incorrect Disc
1. Clean your discs well and avoid incurring scratches. Place it in its box after use. 2. DVDs have encoding. They are encoded by regions. Thus, you cannot play region 2 DVDs on a US Playstation mainly because the US Playstation 2 can only read DVD that are encoded in Region 1 or those DVDs that are encoded for all regions. Again, US PS2 are region 1 capable. Japanese PS2s are Region 2 Capable. 3. There are a number of settings for the DVD playback of your PS2. First is the rating of the DVD. If you want to watch a rated R movie, make sure your PS2 allows viewing of R movies. You'll be setting this during the first time that you'll be watching a DVD. It's just the same as real theaters. It is also protected with password so you need the person who set it up the first time in order to bypass the rating settings.
4. Put in a DVD first and make sure that it is a Movie. And, check #2.
hEy i hAd the sAme pRob...............dOn wOrRy all u hAv to do is to turn on uR pS2 witthout puttin a DVD oR aNy diSc........on mEnu screen gOto [options] by pRessing 'triangle' button......... a new screen will appear select by pressing 'X' [DISC SPEED]....n sEt it to fAst.....then insert the DVD movie........tURn off PS2....press n hold the reset button till the blue light is turned on......release the button and press it again.............. it wOuld take a little tYm foR uR DVD movie to be loAded........be patient till the movie plays it self..............
The pal ps2 games and dvds will not play on a Japanese ps3 due to region coding. You can play all ps3 games and blu ray films because they do not use region coding. Some games will also play differently on a ps3, for example, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (I highly recommend the game) will not have any blood on a Japanese ps3. The region coding feature can not be changed/modified. I would recommend returning Japanese ps3 and purchasing a European model instead if that is possible. Bon chance.