An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: whirlpool top load washing machine - agitator
There are gears inside the agitator that are very cheap and relatively easy to change they are called agitator dogs.
Dont forget to rate my solution as solved if i answered your question accurately.....Thanks!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you say you've cleaned both parts - have you poured hot water in and seen it actually drain out of the top peice while it was removed from the agitator? Have you poured hot water into the agitator with the top peice removed and seen it drain out of the holes? If not, repeated flushing (of the agitator) and soaking (of the top peice) with hot water as needed until is drains may be required. Until you can get water to drain out of both peices alone, it will work automatically. Once you have the water draining try again with a regular load of laundry and fabric softener. If it still doesn't work...
Since you've cleaned both parts (the non-removable and removeable top portion) of the agitator - it would suggest that the fabric softener dispenser's actuator inside the agitator is not functioning properly. The fabric softener isn't being released in the rinse (or at all really) and as a result of the centrifugal forces during the high speed spin cycle - it is causes the fabric softener to move up the sides of the dispenser and spray out of the top of the agitator onto the rim. This may be caused a mechanical or electrical failure in the washer or washer control. It will continue to work like this until it is fixed - so I suggest that you do not use the dispenser.
You will likely need to have the washer professionally serviced to have it begin working again. You can save the repair costs and either add the fabric softener yourself during the rinse cycle - or use "dryer sheets" in the dryer instead.
Check and see if there is a cup in the top of the agitator. Some machines have you put it there, turning back and forth during wash doesn't bother it, but the spin to empty the wash water causes the softener to go out through slots in the top of the cup and be held in the agitator. when it stops the softener drains into the tub, ready for the rinse cycle.
The Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washing machine is atop-loading clothes washer. The washer has several cycles to choose from,including cycles for washing normal clothes, permanent press items, delicateand items marked "Hand Wash." To do its job, thewashing machine relies on an agitator, located in the center of the wash tub.The agitator rotates during the wash cycle, moving the clothes around the washtub so that they are cleaned equally. If the agitator is broken, it will notsufficiently agitate the clothes and must be replaced.
·1 Unplug the washing machine from the wall outlet or turn off the power supplyin your service panel.
· 2 Open thewashing machine lid and remove any clothes remaining inside.
· 3 Remove thefabric softener cup by squeezing the bottom lip of the cup and lifting itstraight off.
· 4 Pry theagitator cap off of the top of the agitator with a flat-head screwdriver.
· 5 Remove thebolt at the bottom of the agitator, using the socket wrench with extension, andthen remove the agitator from the washing machine. Tip the agitator to removethe bolt and washer.
· 6 Install thenew agitator onto the drive shaft.
· 7 Secure thenew agitator with the bolt that you originally removed.
· 8 Press theagitator cap and fabric softener cup back into position on top of the newagitator.
· 9 Restore powerto the washing machine to complete the repair.
di you try to remove the drawer completely and check for a blockage under he dispenser itself.(sometimes te fabric softener can get kinda gunky.. if you extend the dispenser you see a little black tab in top left corner, push it down and dispenser will release, just in case you didnt know that