I have removed the battery and sim card (overnight) to let the phone dry out. Now when I put them back in, the phone keys light up, the interior screen is red, and the outside screen reads "download". I'm desperate...please let me know how to fix this!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If a cellphone ever gets wet usually its thought that the cell phone is dead but its not the case if you follow the bellow instruction in case your cell got wet:
Dry out a wet cell phone by taking out the battery and SIM card and
placing all of the parts in a zip locked bag or any other plastic bag with uncooked rice for 24 to 48 hours.
Avoid putting wet cell phones in the oven, as it may melt the plastic. Remember never turn your phone on before that time or if your phone is wet and its still on then remove the battery immediately that will save your phone.
Wet Cell Phone Immediately remove the phone from the water, turn off the cell phone, remove the battery and SIM card. To dry out the cell phone put it in a large plastic bag with silica gel drying crystals then put it in a warm sunny place for several days or in front of a warm fan heater for several hours. Reassemble the phone and hope it will work properly again, but if does not work then it is faulty and you need a new cell phone.
Samsung captivate got wet and now phone dosen't turn on do not worry put out your sim card and memory card and battery put your mobile under table lamp 3 or 4 hours when the water is dry in your mobile put back battery sim and memory card back and turn it on i hope it work i think it is helpful to you please vote me thanks
Had a similar problem on my V170. Remove the battery and the sim card. Using a q-tip dampened (not dripping wet) with rubbing alcohol, clean the metallic side of the sim card and allow to air-dry, then wipe once more with a dry q-tip. Do the same for the metal terminals in the sim card slot if visible. Go ahead and clean the battery's contacts and the ones in the phone while you're there. Put it all back together and try again. This will fix most sim-card problems as long as there's no physical damage. Good Luck Jim
You may still have water in tight places due to water surface tension. Open all the access doors, take out the SIM card, battery and anything else that is removable and put all parts in a ziplock bag. Get some dessicant bags (from old shoe boxes), cardboard pieces, saltine crackers and put them in the ziplock bag also and put on top of your microwave oven (if it is used a lot) or in the window where it gets direct sunlight. Leave it there until moisture gets on the bag then disappears again (3-5days) The dry items in the ziplock will help draw out all the moisture better than air drying. I have done this many times on cell phones, gameboys, etc. and it works everytime.
I had the same problem!! This might help: 1. Take out the battery, SIM card, and memory card (if applicable). 2. Let the phone sit in the sun for a couple of days. 3. Put the SIM card back in the phone and plug the phone charger into the phone. 4. When prompted, insert the battery into the phone 5. When battery is fully charged, remove the charger and depress the call button simultaneously.
I tired this and the phone is now working!!! Also, I do not seem to have lost any of the features!
try taking the battery cover off removing thre battery and sim card and if possible take the front cover off and wipe keys down with a baby wipe and them blow dry with hair dryer all pieces of phone for 5 minutes let sit for a bout 8 hours with all pieces still removed from phone
hope i was helpful