"Change cartridge" light stay's on after replacement
I've replaced the black ink cartridge on my printer 2 or 3 times now with new Epsom replacement cartridges and the red light remains on as if it doesn't register the new full cartridge. This is echoed by the status monitor as well.
I have made a point of only using bona fida Epsom replacements, and have tried replacing them multiple times so I find it hard to believe they've all been duds.
Any suggestions please?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This happens with epson as it has a chip on the cartridge, which sometimes shows the cartridge empty even if there is some ink left on it. You can try this steps:-
1. With the printer turned on press the ink replace button, which will bring the print head to ink replacement position, pull out the cartridges one by one and cover the tip of the cartridge with some tape and shake the cartridges and reinsert it on the printer and press the ink replacement button once again, the printer will check the inks cartridges, if the inks is empty it will show the red light again, pressing the button once will bring the printer to ink replacement position with the cartridge to be replaced on the replacement position. you can also check on the printer software on the pc that which ink cartridge is emptied.
Hope this helps.
Unfortunately no there is not. However, when those are refilled the kill chips should be reset and the cartridge should function same as new. If you are not getting this result I would not buy ink from that supplier anymore. Cartridge World 100% guarantees their cartridges and will always reset the chips.
I had the same problem with the light black and light magenta as well. It took trying only one new cartridge with the light magenta before it worked. The light black took 4 new cartridges before it worked. I had called the Epson support center on this problem and after going through suggestions they made that did not work, I told the guy I had another new cartridge on hand. He said to go ahead and try it. This time the printer worked. He took my name and address and said the other cartridges were faulty. Epson is sending me new replacement cartridges at no charge.
1. Make sure the printer is on and open the printer cover
2. Make sure the printer is paused and the output tray at the front of the printer is lowered
3. Hold down the cleaning button for three seconds until the print head
moves slightly to the cartridge replacement position, and the power
light flashes when the print head is in position. Do not move the print
head by hand, it will be damaged
4. Lift up the clamp that holds the cartridge you want to replace as far as it will go.
5. The cartridge will rise partly out of the cartridge holder. For
black ink replacement, lift up only the smaller clamp on the left.
6. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it properly.
7. Remove the cartridge from its protecting bag. Remove only the yellow
tape seal from the cartridge. The yellow tape seal must be removed.
Leaving the tape on when you install the cartridge will permanently
damage it. Do not remove the tape seal from the bottom of the
cartridge.Otherwise ink will leak.
8. Lower the ink cartridge into the cartridge holder with the label on
the cartridge face up and the arrow on the cartridge pointing to the
rear of the printer.
9. Press the ink cartridge clamp down until it locks in place. Do not press the cartridge itself.
10. Press the cleaning button. The printer moves the print head and
begins charging the ink delivery system. This process may take a few
minutes to complete. The power light continues to flash while the
printer performs the ink charging operation.
11. Never turn off the printer while this light is flashing. Doing so
can result in incomplete charging of ink. Even if you do not press the
cleaning button, the printer moves the print head and begins the ink
charging process about 60 seconds after you replace the ink cartridge.
12. When the ink charging procedure is finished, close the printer cover.
1. Make sure the unit is turned on, and not printing. The POWER light should be on, but not flashing.
2. Lower the OUTPUT tray, and lift the scanner portion to access the ink cartridges.
3. Press and release the INK button. The print heads will move to the left, and the cartridge that needs to be replaced will stop directly beneath the OUT OF INK symbol. Make a note of which cartridge requires replacement.
4. Press and release the INK button again. If more than one ink cartridge is empty, the next cartridge will move under the OUT OF INK symbol. If no other cartridges are out of ink, the print heads will now move to the REPLACEMENT POSITION.
5. Open the CARTRIDGE COVER. Pinch the front and back tabs of the empty cartridge as you lift it out of the unit. Dispose of this cartridge.
6. Before you remove the new cartridge from its package, shake it four or five times.
7. Remove the new cartridge from its package, and lower it into the cartridge holder. Push down gently until the cartridge clicks into place.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each cartridge that you need to replace. Close the CARTRIDGE COVER once all of the necessary ink cartridges are replaced.
9. Carefully lower the scanner, until it clicks into place
10. Press and release the INK button.
The ON light flashes and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the ON light stops flashing and stays on steady. Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus printer while the ON light is flashing, unless the Stylus printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Can you give more detail about the lights and if they flash and in what sequence.
The most likely cause is that your machine has hit the maintenance error meaning that the waste ink pads are full.
This requires that the pads be cleaned/replaced and the counter within the firmware be reset. To do this, you will need the service manual for the 1290 to dismantle it and gain accesss to the pads and the software to reset the firmware counter.
You should be able to get these from: