I have a printer/scanner/fax machine. It's about 2 years old. The printer works, the fax hasn't been installed, the printer use to work but has decided not to anymore. I have done the turn off unplug restart turn on replug thing, but that didn't work. Any other suggestions to help me?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: scanner quit working
The scanner works with the windows built in driver. Uninstall the hole mfc suite and reinstall after restart. This is the fix for the software.
You can check the hardware simply by copying a page. If you can copy there is no hardware prob.
Post here again if it does not work and let me know your windows version, too, please.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do not worry about printer storing any personal data of yours. HP Printers do not have any data stored except for # of pages and Ink Level. However if you have setup fax and If you had setup Speed Dial List, you need to wipe the # in the list.
To do this, Disconnect the power cord from back of printer. Press and Hold # and 6 button while connecting the power cord and release the buttons after 2-3 seconds.
the main part of the kit is a dimm card. the dimm has the fax/scan/print stored on it. the problem adding this to your machine is drivers, only twain scanning, no scan to folerd, no internet faxing, no winodws 7 drivers. if you get a whole kit you need to add the fax pcb and also get the nic for it to scan properly. good luck
Please follow the steps given below to add the scanner using Scanner and Camera wizard.
1. Plug your scanner into your computer. 2. If your scanner is "Plug and Play," the "Scanner and Camera Wizard" starts or double-click add device. Follow the instructions on your screen.
1. To open "Scanners and Cameras," click "Start," click "Control Panel," click "Printers and Other Hardware" and then click "Scanners and Cameras." 2. If you have a "Plug and Play" scanner, Windows detects it and installs it automatically. 3. If your scanner is not "Plug and Play," follow the installation instructions that came with the device. 4. If your scanner is not listed in the "Scanner and Camera Installation Wizard," try to install it using device manager. 5. After you install your scanner, you can test it.
Is the scanner driver installed ?. You can check this by unplugging the USB cable from the back of the printer and connecting it again. If you get any Plug and Play prompts on the computer, install the driver by pointing it to the correct scan driver location.
Need scanning software installed, go to brother web site and find full software and driver download package for your printer (under drivers) and install as instructed by program, you should unistall old driver setup first if enconting problems with new install, there is a uninstall on brother web site too