I am trying to hook up my MFC 4650 to my computer running XP. The computer recognizes the device by name but cannot install it without the installation CD. Can anyone point me to someplace I can get one; or perhaps a more elegant solution?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your missing devices are built into the motherboard (like sound, Ethernet etc.) then you need you install the setup CD that came with your computer and install the devices. This CD may also be referred to as a utility or driver CD. If you don't have this CD you will have to go to the support section of the manufacturer's website and either order a replacement CD or download the drivers for your MB.
If you missing devices are on plug-in cards or printers/scaners/ cemeras etc. that you installed after you first setup your computer then you need to install the driver CD for each missing device and run the setup program that is on the CD. If you don't have these CD's you will have to go to each manufacturer's website and either order the CD or download the drivers for the model number of the device.
If you have any additional questions contact me by clicking on the "Add a comment" link located under your problem description on FixYa. Also, if you believe that this information was helpful to you, please rate my solution using FixYa's "Solution Helpful" rating scale.
Did you install from the Gateway-modified version of the Microsoft Windows CD-ROM, or from a "generic" Microsoft Windows XP disk?
If the latter, then your computer is missing the "device-drivers" for some of the Gateway hardware, namely the wireless adapter, and the M.S.C.
So, access Gateway's web-site, enter your model-name and model-number, and look for "downloads" for Windows (XP? Vista?) for your computer.
Download and install the selected device-drivers, to add support for those devices.
try the following steps.
1. Right click My Computer Icon and select properties then select Hardware tab.
2. After selecting hardware tab click Device Manager button.
3. After clicking it list down all devices that you have and expand the "Sound Video and Game Controller" by click the clicking the plus(+) sign and it shown you the list sound devices.
4. In the list, look for explanation point(!) in yellow color beside device name (this means that device driver is missing or not properly installed)
5. Select the device name and press right click and choose uninstall.
6. After uninstallation click Action Menu and select "Scan for Hardware Changes" (this will scan the other device which is not yet installed in the system)
7. System will prompt you to load the Audio driver(insert the Audio device cd driver) if your using a built-in audio use your desktop/laptop device driver cd and locate the driver folder from cd and choose sound or audio folder the list and select the proper windows for your computer.
8. after running installation the volume bar should appear in the right side of your desktop allong with computer date & time. if not restart your computer.
Remove previous all installation/ file if any.Insert the Driver CD in the CD ROM again a wizard interface would be active, from that wizard complete the installation by clicking Next - Next. Do not plug the camera before fresh installation complete. If wizard ask to plug your camera, then plug it.
This is a tough one. When you say that "My Device Manager isn't showing up any of my hardware..." does that mean that there are other hardware problems in the device manager?
When you plug the printer in, how des it show-up in the device manager (ie: unknown device under HID)?
Why did you "... recently reformatted my computer ..."?