Question about Nikon COOLPIX S6 Digital Camera
My coolpix S6 has been working just fine until yesterday. Now when I turn my camera on my LCD is black. It acts as if the lens is still covered. It sounds as if it is trying to focus on something. It allows me to take a picture(Of a black screen) and it allows me to view the old photos that were already on the memory card. Everything else is functioning just fine. Any ideas? Thanks so much. Shell
I can not believe it!!!!!!! Nikon wanted to charege me $100 to fix it and I fix it with the smack!!!!
Posted on Oct 04, 2008
Amazing, but it worked. I dropped it on the wooden floor several times.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
THANKS!!! It worked but I use the camera to whack it on top of my dresser in my palm :-) I was going to throw the camera away but I didnt!! Whew
Posted on May 21, 2008
If you want to follow my way to try fixing it yourself, keep reading and do it at your own risk. You paid several hundread dollars for the camera and I just paid $20 for it. Therefore, I tried everything I can to make it work, even if I had to open the camera body to play with the inside. Fortunately, it was not neccessary to take it apart.
Once again, AT YOUR OWN RISK to follow my way to get back your real time image screen.
Read the following steps once and make sure you understand before action.
(1) Load your camera with a freashly recharged battery.
(2) Switch on to see if it's working and still without the real time screen.
(3) Switch it off, and hold it tight in you palm with the LCD facing inward.
(4) Now, with you palm up, you should be able to see the model name 'CoolPix S6' under the lens and the flash.
(5) While holding the camera and aiming at the 'CoolPix S6', raise your other hand with the fist next to your ear.
(6) Match the aim as describe in(4) to the aim of your elbow 's protruded part and make pratice moves. Yes, you'are going to smack it
to your elbow.
(7) When you are ready, try first not to hit your elbow too hard once.
(8) Switch the camera on to check. If you have the 'Screen' now, congratulation! If not, repeat (4) to (8) but with a stronger impact
Force. You might have to try more times until your elbow could not take the sore.
I got mine fixed by performing the above steps just once, but I started at a medium impact force. Before this fix, I tried to whack it on both sides, the top and the bottom to my knee cap.
Why I chose knee cap and elbow? They hurt if you strike too hard. The target is to apply enough impact force to shake but not break the parts inside the camera.
Posted on Oct 21, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2017 | Nikon COOLPIX S6 Digital Camera
Nov 25, 2009 | Nikon COOLPIX S6 Digital Camera
Sep 13, 2009 | Nikon COOLPIX S6 Digital Camera
Apr 13, 2008 | Nikon COOLPIX L10 Digital Camera
Aug 27, 2007 | Nikon COOLPIX S6 Digital Camera
223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: