After changing cartridge, printer won't print a full page, gets stuck and all lights are flashing
I followed the instructions changing the cartridge and upon trying to print something, the paper gets stuck after about a 1/2 a page and all 4 lights begin to flash. I tried opening the door, turning it off, holding down the GO button, pushing it two times, pausing, then pushing GO five times, tried it again and it was the same thing. I need help ASAP!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Attention light is flashing red.
Solution The printer requires attention. Try the following:
* If the printer is connected to a computer, check the computer screen for
* If you are printing a CD label on a CD/DVD, insert the CD/DVD holder in the
CD/DVD tray now.
* If you have a digital camera connected to the printer, check the camera screen
* If the printer is not connected to a computer, check for the following problems:
- Main cover open
- Out of paper
- Paper jam
- Print carriage jammed or stuck
- Print cartridge missing or inserted incorrectly
- Print cartridge tape not removed
- Incorrect print cartridge installed
- Packaging materials are not removed
* If you are unable to solve the problem by using the instructions above, turn off
the printer and unplug the printer power cord. Wait 10 seconds, and then plug
it in again. Turn on the printer.
Top light blinking means: door open, media out, no print
cartridge, or media jam This printer is in an error state that requires operator intervention. Check the following: - The print cartridge door is completely closed.
- Media is loaded. See Loading media into the input trays on page 24 for instructions. - The print cartridge is correctly installed in the printer. See Changing the print cartridge on page 51 for instructions. - There is no media jam. See Clearing jams on page 68 for instructions.
The flashing light could indicate either a communication problem
between one of your cartridges and the printer, a short in one of the
cartridges, paper jam or the cartridge carrier has stalled. Please follow
the steps below to fix the problem:
Remove the sheets of paper from
the feeder. Make sure there are no foreign objects or debris in
Open the printer cover and
remove both the cartridges.
While the cover is open, ensure
there are no paper jams and the cartridge carrier is free
Close the printer cover.
Re-brick your printer. Pull out
the power supply, black box where the power cord is plugged in at
the back of the printer, and put it back after 30 seconds.
When the printer turns on,
reinsert one cartridge first.
Close the printer cover and
check the light status.
If light on printer is normal,
open the printer cover and reinsert the other cartridge. Check the
Replace whichever cartridge is
causing the light to flash with a new cartridge. You can also try to
insert a different known working cartridge to determine if the other
Load some paper. Try to print a
document again to verify that the problem is fixed.
The printer is printing alignment page. This will be printed if the printer was reset or if you have changed the ink cartridges. We need to complete the alignment process.
1. Place the printed page on the scanner correctly. 2. Press scan button on the printer. 3. The ON light will start blinking, wait until the ON/OFF light stops blinking. 4. Now the alignment is completed and it should not print anymore untill next cartridge change
Per the manual, it's 99.9 % one of these causing the issue. The other .1 % should take it back or get a new one.
The printer requires attention. Try the following:
● If the printer is connected to a computer, check the computer screen for
instructions. If the printer is not connected to a computer, check for the following
– Top cover open
– Out of paper
– Paper jam
– Print carriage jammed or stuck
– Print cartridge inserted incorrectly
– Incorrect print cartridge installed
● If you are unable to solve the problem by using the instructions above, turn off the
printer and unplug the printer's power cord. Wait one minute, then plug it in again.
Turn on the printer.
You need to reset the ink level before the printer can print further, to do these please follow the following step: 1) Goto the Lexmark Solution Center application. 2) Press button Maintenance>Install a new print cartridge, follow the instruction on screen. U may then have your new full ink level. Note: u only can reset to full level, cannot customize the level by your own. Then try again with printing alignment task. Hope this help.