Question about DeLonghi Prima Donna Avante ESAM6700 Automatic Coffee Coffee Maker
Over time, the continuous heating up of the water used to make the coffee leads to lime scale building up in
the inner circuits of the appliance.
When the message:
flashes on the display, you should perform the descale cycle.
Proceed as follows:
• make sure the appliance is ready.
• press the P button (the light over the button comes on) then press the button repeatedly until the
• Press the button (corresponding to the SET symbol flashing on the display) and the appliance will
• Press the OK button to start the descale programme.
• Empty the tank and pour in the contents of one bottle (125 ml) of DURGOL descaler plus one litre of
For subsequent descaling, use descaler of the same type and brand as supplied (available from technical
service centres authorised by the manufacturer).
• attach the water spout to the nozzle;
• place a container with a minimum capacity of 1.5 litres under the hot water spout (Fig. 3);
34 C o l l e c t i o n
• press the OK button.Descaler runs off from the hot water spout into the container below.
The appliance displays:
APPLIANCE IN DESCALE
• the descale programme automatically performs a series of run offs and pauses to remove lime scale
deposits from inside the coffee maker.
• After about 30 minutes, the appliance displays:
RINSING FILL TANK
The appliance must now be rinsed through to eliminate residues of descaling solution from inside the appliance.
Proceed as follows:
• empty the water tank, rinse and fill with clean water.
• Reposition the tank.
• Empty the full container and then put it back under the hot water spout.
• Press the OK button. Hot water is run off from the spout into the container below and the appliance displays:
• When the water tank is empty, the appliance displays the message:
RINSING COMPLETE PRESS OK
• Press the OK button and refill the water tank with clean water.
• The descale programme is now terminated and the appliance is ready to make coffee again.
Posted on Oct 22, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2014 | Saeco Vienna De Luxe Espresso Machine
Jan 05, 2013 | Keurig B60 Coffee Maker
Apr 30, 2011 | Keurig Platinum B70 Coffee Maker
Before trying to descale, take a paper clip, bend is straight for about 1" and run it into the pins at the K-cup holder...
Check out this tip about how to descale your Keurig coffee brewer
Feb 16, 2011 | Keurig B70 Coffee Maker
Jan 13, 2010 | Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker
Apr 13, 2009 | Keurig Special Edition B60 Coffee Maker
Mar 30, 2009 | KitchenAid JAVASTUDIO KCM534 14-Cup Coffee...
Oct 31, 2008 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Sep 05, 2008 | Saeco Royal Digital Plus Coffee...
May 31, 2008 | Bosch Benvenuto B30 Espresso/Coffee Maker
409 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: