You have attempted to update your Epson
product using the Epson Driver Update and Download Navigator software
but have found that the product is stuck in Recovery Mode. This message
is displayed on the product's LCD screen and you will be unable to
perform any actions until this issue is resolved.
This error can occur if the firmware update procedure is
interrupted, e.g. accidental powering off the product, cables being
removed or the installation being cancelled.
The first method of resolving this problem is to wait for a
few moments and a pop-up should appear on the computer screen, clicking
on the link indicated below will direct you to a tool that will correct
In the event that the pop-up mentioned above does not
automatically appear or has been accidentally cancelled, the Firmware
Recovery Tool can be accessed manually. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Epson Support website and select your product using the drop-down lists presented.
- Click Drivers & Software.
- Firmware Recovery Tool will be listed, click direct download.
- Read the license agreement and tick the I have read and accept these license terms box and click proceed to download if you would like to continue.
- Once the download is complete, run the file as normal
for your operating system and follow the on-screen instructions to
complete the firmware update.