Question about Compaq Presario Notebook
Goto --> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3641176
Posted on Oct 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: sound is not produce from
First verify you see a small sound icon in the Systray . If this icon is missing follow the below section
1. Open the Control panel
2. Open the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon.
3. Verify the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" checkbox is checked. If this option is not available or is grayed out, skip to the next section of this document.
4. If you were able to check this box, click ok and close out of this window and the Control Panel.
5. Double-click the sound icon in the Systray and verify that all the sound volumes are mid-way or higher.
Check Windows services. Right Click My Computer and Manage. Choose Services and Application > Services. Choose "Windows Audio" and set to Automatic and Start.
Now next you can do is
If you open control panel & click device manager the window that opens will show a list of all installed hardware. Look for anything with an exclamation mark beside it, or to do with sound. If you see anything, right click it, check it isn't Disabled then select "Properties." The next window should have some tabs along the top, the one you are looking for is "Driver," you should now see an "Update driver" button.
Check ur sound card information by doing this
Click on start menu
Click on Run
Type dxdiag, enter
Click on the sound tab
There is button of test direct sound click on this check if there is sound
Check ur registry. Check if the sound registry key is enabled or disabled. There could be an error in registry, run registry cleaner reg in out to scan for errors.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
on Feb 12, 2014 | Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E430 Laptop Computer
Jul 16, 2011 | Gateway GT5426E Refurbished AMD Desktop...
May 31, 2011 | Health & Beauty
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
Mar 26, 2011 | Sony VAIO VGN-N230N/B PC Notebook
Jul 15, 2010 | IBM ThinkCentre M50 PC Desktop
Jul 02, 2010 | VIA ECS PM800-M2 PM800 P4FSB 800 Supports...
Apr 26, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!