Question about HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
When trying to print avery labels template 5202 (file folder labels) I get the message "The document page size is set to a custom form that may not be supported by this printer driver" How do I correct this?
Try going to driver printing preferences /paper or paper/quality tab and set your size for custom and to the 4 x 6 specific size for that sheet and the type as labels for tray 1.
Posted on Dec 17, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have had this same problem trying to print DVD lable sheets.
I spent hours trying to work it out, HP support said it was the software(hmmm)
The answer to the problem is, the printer senses the printed block colour band on the preprinted lable sheet. I am using Fellowes - Neato DVD tempate sheets which have a black, block of colour on the leading edge, I'm not sure about Avery.
I found the quick fix is, turn the sheet around end for end against the manufacturers instructions. The opposite end is plain and goes through OK. You may have to calibrate the software to compensate if the printing starts in a different position this end, my sheets are the same within about 1mm.
You could also cut the block colour off the sheet if the direction was critical, and make allowance for the starting position.
I find the printer is good apart from this problem.
I hope this helps, it worked for me.
Posted on Mar 17, 2008
SOURCE: Printer "out of memory"
The problem isn't your printer. The problem is with your Microsoft Works software. I know of six solutions that may work.
1) Download the latest service pack for .NET Framework 1.1. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en
2) Go to this website and download the update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=65f5b806-e6a1-4f92-a656-e56eeda67e3d&displaylang=en
3) Uninstall printer completely (again). Unplug the printer from the computer. Reboot computer. Download the lastest driver from HP website. When installing the driver software, choose (type)a different directory,( ie. C:\MYHP\HP4180\ ). Plug Printer back to computer.
4) Go to this website. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841220
5) Click START, click RUN, type SPOOL. Double click printer folder, clear (delete) any files in this folder.
6) Download the latest version of Microsoft Works 9.0.
Let me know if this works.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 17, 2014 | Dell 1355CN Multifunction Printer - Color...
Jul 22, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2010 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Jul 10, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8550DP Printer
Jun 29, 2009 | Lexmark P3150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Dec 12, 2008 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Laser...
Apr 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
258 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: