Question about Whirlpool AWM5125/1 Front Load Washer
Most likely you need to replace the motor control board. You may need a serviceman to confirm this issue.
Posted on Oct 22, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Cleaning depends on use. 8 years is a bit over the top! When your water does not drain, check the outlet filter first, then the pipe from below the tub to the filter. Your washer wont spin 'cause the pump/filter is blocked.
Posted on May 21, 2007
F21 = LONG DRAIN ERROR
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes the water valves turn off. After 4 minutes the “Sd” error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F21 error code will be displayed.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL two times to clear.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
4. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. If the above does not correct the problem, go to step 7.
6. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
7. Replace the pump.
If the machine cannot be forced to its diagnostic mode then:
1. Disconnect the washer from the power supply and water supply.
2. Remove the top panel by taking out the three screws in the back of the washer. The pressure switch is right on top.
3. Remove the Molex connector from the water level switch / pressure switch.
Refer to the picture below.
4. Reconnect the power supply but not the water supply.
5. Power the machine. The machine will enter diagnostic mode.
6. Power off the machine.
7. Replace the water level switch / pressure switch.
8. Reconnect the water supply.
9. Power on the machine it will work without error
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Unplug your washing machine and then you will be able to get the door open and the clothes out. You may need to leave it off for awhile to get it to work but make sure you have a bucket ready to catch the water coming out.
Posted on Oct 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
This issue usually occurs due to kinked drain pipe, clogged
drain filter or drain pump. First make sure that the drain is not clogged and
remove clogs if present. If no visible lint is present then remove the lower
front access panel to check the drain filter and drain pump for any clogs,
you'll need to clean the drain filter and drain pump completely. Hope this
helps... Please post back for any further assistance.
Aug 28, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
Error code 5d/Sd means suds have been detected. To solve this
problem you have to take the bottom front panel apart and then clean the drain
filter pump assembly completely, make sure the washer is unplugged before
working on it. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Jun 13, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 08, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Problems with a washing machine not spinning or not draining are often inter related..
If you are having a problem with your top load washer then check out this tip...
Washing Machine does not Pump or Spin
If you are having problems with your front load washing machine then checkout this tip...
Front Load Washing machine not draining and or not spinning
Dec 21, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Sep 07, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jan 17, 2009 | Whirlpool AWM5125/1 Front Load Washer
Apr 17, 2007 | Whirlpool AWM5125/1 Front Load Washer
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!