Question about Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i have a samsung BD-1590
Follow these steps:
1. Connect your device to the internet
2. Find and start Netflix on your device
3. Netflix will provide the activation code on your device
Access this Netfix website on you PC and click on the menu option "Instantly to your TV"
Enter the code provided by your player into the prompt and it should immediately give you access!
Hope this was helpful!
Posted on Jan 13, 2011
There is no current procedure for unlocking the
Blue-ray and it is probably not necessary because over 80% of released
disks are region free anyway. (Just don't ever buy the other 20% and
they will get the message soon enough!)
To change the DVD from region 2 (your current location) to region 9 (region free) follow these steps using the remote control.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 7 6 8 8 4 on the number pad.
10. The region code "4" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Enter a region code if you want to lock the player to another region for some obscure or perverse reason.)
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Now the tricky bits. This process is timing dependent.
Firstly, you must start entering the code just after the "No Disk" message is shown and before the message disappears. If you jump the gun or miss the boat (isn't English great!) it won't work.
Secondly, the REPEAT key is part of the code. All six keys must be entered smoothly as "REPEAT 7 6 8 8 4". The entry gets timed out so you can't stop in the middle and restart. Don't bash away like crazy, just do it smoothly and briskly.
If you don't see the "4" the first time, don't worry. Just repeat the process. It took me about a dozen tries before I got it to work.
I can't guarantee that this player does not have a region change counter so I would be a bit careful about changing regions back and forth. I also can't guarantee that this will work with all released firmware. Samsung seems to take this crazy region bastardry very seriously for some reason.
For people from other parts of the world, all region codes are as follows
1 - 2 9 3 3 4
2 - 5 7 5 3 8
3 - 5 6 7 3 2
4 - 7 6 8 8 4
5 - 5 3 8 1 4
6 - 2 4 4 6 2
If you bought your player in the USA or Canada there might be no way to change the region in these countries as the only Samsung BluRay players we've ever heard about being able to be unlocked (and ONLY for DVD region free playback) were sold in places like Australia and maybe Europe.
Hope this was helpful to you. Goosluck danteks Elect_comp
Posted on Aug 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 29, 2014 | Samsung Bd-d6500 3d Wifi Blu-ray Dvd...
Nov 06, 2014 | Samsung BD-D6500 3D-Capable Wi-Fi-Ready...
Dec 03, 2013 | Televison & Video
May 25, 2012 | Samsung Bd-d6500 3d Blu-ray Disc Player...
Mar 25, 2011 | Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray Player
Jan 22, 2011 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Apr 18, 2010 | Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray Player
Nov 24, 2009 | Televison & Video
Apr 19, 2009 | Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray Player
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!