How to change boud rate from 19200 to 9600
Here are the complete steps to change your LX-300 bit rate to 9600.
1) Load a paper with the friction lever up.
2) Hold the FONT button and switch on the printer. The printer must sense the loaded paper and must start printing some stuff. If not it rolls and tries to load the paper. In such case insert the paper again and press PAUSE button. Now the printer will print the stuff i.e) the current printer settings.
3) After the printing finishes (the print matter will be around 25% of a 11inch page length), press LF/FF. You will find the current settings. Check the current bit rate which is indicated in the 10th line of the current settings table.
4) Now press LF/FF which takes you to the Table B.
5) Now you are in table B and the lights 1, 2 and pause must be Blinking, Off, Off conditions respectively.
6) Now press the FONT button 9 times. After pressing FONT nine times, Light 1 = Blinking : Light 2 : Blinking : Pause light : ON.
This means that you are in Bit rate menu now.
7) Press PAUSE button.
8) Note down this order of bit rate and the status of 1, 2 and Pause lights.
--300 = ON-OFF-OFF
--600 = OFF-ON-OFF
--1200 = ON-ON-OFF
--2400 = OFF-OFF-ON
--4800 = ON-OFF-ON
--9600 = OFF-ON-ON
--19200 = ON-ON-ON
From the current bit rate you are in now, press the FONT button a particular number of times accordingly.
Suppose you are in 1200 bit rate currently, the lights status will be ON-ON-OFF. If you want to set to 9600 you have to press FONT button 3 times and the lights status change to OFF-ON-ON , which indicates 9600 bit rate.
9) Now, press PAUSE button so that the settings get saved.
10) Switch off the printer and turn it back on after 20 seconds.
11) Switch it off again, Hold the FONT button and switch it in again.
12) After printing finishes, press LF/FF and check the bit rate in the current settings that is printed.
You can have the user manual for your reference.
Thats' it. You're done!
Sep 30, 2009 |
Epson LX-300 Matrix Printer