Question about Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Error 46 Unable to Init.
No need for part necessarily
SkipperOz solution pasted below
MFC-5440CN saved from the tip!
"Unable to Clean" message - found TrickyDicky's sltn 4 for various printers.
Went into maint mode as per sltn 4 - verified error 46.
"The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed."
Keyed in 80 - stepped through the items with "down" key and located Purge Counter.
"Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero
Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state."
This worked brilliantly - no need to tamper with any parts of the printer. Purge Counter reset did it all. Fully functional printer.
Thanks TrickyDicky for info on verifying the error code and purge reset
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
SOURCE: Machine Error 46
Hi Error 46.Resetting purge counter:
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
the proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons OK, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times. this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press blue MONO start button to select PURGE which requires it to be pressed a number of times before PURGE appears on the LCD screen of the printer
4. then use the up'down key and OK button to enter the reset code 2, 7, 8 and 3 keys to reset the counter : Note this does not overwrite the number next to PURGE on the LCD screen but once the last number is added it gets reset to 0000
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
Posted on Jan 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2014 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 15, 2012 | Brother MFC-790CW Multifunction Printer
Jan 07, 2011 | Brother Multi-Function Center® MFC-215C...
Jul 29, 2010 | Brother MFC-440CN InkJet Printer
Mar 27, 2008 | Brother Multi-Function Center® MFC-215C...
Oct 07, 2016 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 02, 2016 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!