Question about Philips 15PF5120 15 in. LCD Television
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: no picture just comes sound
sounds like the Backlight has failed, if you look closely at the screen you should be able to see the image changing, but as there is no back light there is no luminescense so it will appear black or grey, It is probably the backlight inverter or element that has failed, if this is within warrany organise with them to fix it for free,
Posted on Sep 27, 2007
SOURCE: Screen says attention no signal
Your TV is probably on the PC mode and you are not using it as a PC monitor.
You need to change the source by pressing the TV/Video button on the remote control or the SOURCE button on the TV itself. You may also just press the channel up or down buttons. Do this before the TV goes to standby mode (amber light) or while it shows the message: ATTENTION NO SIGNAL.
If it does not work, reboot the TV first and do this again.
Posted on May 18, 2008
Problem is a bad audio IC esp if your are reciving 11 blink code
if it is a 5 blink code replace Crystal 1h00 On Ssb new part number is 24225430 1397
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
May be the same problem Magnavox is having with their 27MF231d. I found the fix on this site and it took care of the same problem with my set. Not the easiest thing to do, but it worked. If you do not know how to solder, get some help with this one. If you take it to a Magnavox Authorized repair location, they will just replace the bad capacitor with another bad capacitor of the same type and voltage. The problem is they have a 25w capacitor where a 35w capacitor should be. Mine was bulging, with black tar looking stuff coming out of it. It was obviously bad. Follw the instructions below.
1. Remove all screws around perimeter, one screw at the lower right at (Side A/V), and 2 1”round plastic knob s.
2. Remove back cover
3. At lower left side remove 2 screws for On/Off switch cut tie wrap that holds wire down for free movement.
4. Disconnect wire connector to side A/V at lower right side
5. Disconnect wire connector to right side circuit Board
6. Disconnect wire connector to left side circuit board
7. Remove the 2 mounting brackets upper left and upper right 2 screws each.
8. Remove 3 screws each side of the metal box in the middle
9. Fold back metal tape off bottom and top of metal box
10. 1 wire connector at top of box I left connected
11. Flip metal box over towards top of Tv. Be careful of wire at top thats still connected.
12. On left side in box is power supply board
13. Towards bottom of board you should see the numbers C2081 and C2074
14. Remove the six screws holding down power supply board
15. Flip board down towards bottom of Tv.
16. Unsolder capacitors replace with new 1200uf 35v and 2200uf 35v 105°C radial capacitors
17. Capacitors should be around 1/2” to 5/8” dia. X 1.25 long appox. 2 Wires come out of one end should be .030 dia.
18. Reassemble in reverse order and enjoy
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
SOURCE: MAGNAVOX 32MF605W/17
Hi my name is Eric,
I hope I can help you with your issue ,
You main a bad mainboard, a repairman will charge about $450 to replace it , use google to try and locate one yourself
If I have helped you with your issue please click accept.
If you have more questions you can still respond
I will reply asap
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2010 | Toshiba 50HM66 52" Television
Oct 11, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-50WE655 50" Rear...
Oct 01, 2009 | Polaroid FLM-3732 Television
Aug 10, 2009 | Televison & Video
Mar 02, 2009 | Planar PL1910M (Black) 19 in. Flat Panel...
Aug 17, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KF60WE610 60" Rear...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: